Hacking kmeaw CFW... maybe best one yet

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Check your fav PS3 hack sites and forums for tuts and links... The CFW is like a wutang/geo combo with the addition that it can run unsigned packages. If you're already on wutang/geo and just want backup support, all you need is kmeaw's patch. Report experiences here!

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Should be full support but I can't vouch for it personally. From what I've gathered so far this is like 3.41 but with online and all that great stuff
biggrin.gif

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
8BitWalugi said:
I think I'll wait a bit before updating...

Tomorrow, on your favorite tracker: a full torrent with all the files and explanations.

Just wait and share experiences with people from your own tracker.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Yeah no rush, I'm personally taking the plunge right after work. Here's some reassurance for anyone who needs it. It's all coming together like one big jigsaw puzzle

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The ps3 scene is starting to get confusing :" It would be cool if all the custom firmware people worked together
smile.gif
That would be kind of impossible though.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Consider that one of the preferred CFW developers (Hotz) is currently undergoing legal precedings and is unable to continue development until a decision is reached (or at least that's how I understand it). Most people are still using his CFW though.

On the other hand, there is a big calling for a unified CFW development. Since it's all so new, we'll probably see a half dozen more CFW surface before they pick the best one and settle on developing that.

As people have said in other threads, just give it a month or two and the choice will be much easier.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I just read a report of someone getting bricked with this CFW. Everyone needs to be careful. It is wisest to not fuck with anything unless you have a way to fix it, and most people don't have a way to fix from a brick.

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
i hate the fact that i have so little time to experiment with this,but as things are going by the end of the week well have 35 more cfw-s one for every game
biggrin.gif

.. until then ill play donkey kong returns .. (IMO probably one of few best games eva) and wait for m33 (what do you think will anyone make or atleast be brave enough to call ps3 firmware m33. just cause nostalgic reasons

.. but if this works ill probably buy few beers and go with kmeaw (did he step on a cat while thinking how to name fw.. ?)

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
A report of a brick, NOT trying it! It can wait, plus any action Sony takes will make me stay away from this more, but I really want homebrew and backups without bricks and Sony's actions...

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
The funny thing is with all these ppl putting their effort into making CFW out of 3.55 are merely wasting their time because sony is going to put out an update next week and everyone will need to start from ground zero again.

It is smarter and safer to stay on OFW 3.41 and just use dongles instead of doing everything you can to get PSN access for a few days and risk bricks.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
The funny thing is with all these ppl putting their effort into making CFW out of 3.55 are merely wasting their time because sony is going to put out an update next week and everyone will need to start from ground zero again.

It is smarter and safer to stay on OFW 3.41 and just use dongles instead of doing everything you can to get PSN access for a few days and risk bricks.

Aye, but thats how people are now a days. They what instant gratification without knowing the consequences.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:

Thanks, Deadlyfoez....... Thats about the smartest info regarding CFW.
Maybe folks will wise up with that.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So what if they release a new firmware update? The only thing that will come of it is losing PSN functionality, which if you hacked your PS3 in the first place you should be entirely willing to sacrifice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol