1. KiloLop

OP KiloLop GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I burnt this game to a CD at x10 speed and in a lot of areas, particularly the outdoor section with the sparkly ground in 6-1 and many parts of 5-2, I get very noticeable slowdown. I even tried using a different ISO dump which didn't change anything. Is that normal for this game? It's really hard to tell from just looking at footage.

2. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    Think I remember having some slight slowdown at some points of the game, but it was ages ago, and it wasn't like so bad it was gamebreaking or what

KiloLop likes this.
  3. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    How is the FMV intro, any stuttering? It could be that the disc drive isn't getting enough voltage. I set the laser's pot to about 11.4 mV.

4. KiloLop

United States
    absolutely no issues with fmvs

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I've played this game 30+ times, the issues are because of your disc or console. Trust me.

KiloLop and zfreeman like this.
  6. KiloLop

United States
    i actually just came back after being able to all but confirm that it's the mm3 modded-console's fault; silent hill gets constant severe screen tearing that doesn't happen on real hardware. guess you have to do this yourself to get it right, this was the seller's second replacement after the first two had severe disc reading issues

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Phantomile, Slowdown, Hardware