Hacking Kirby's return to dreamland on vWii

bountycky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've been googling around for a while now but I can't seem to find a solution.
I have Kirby's return to dreamland on my HDD and it used to work on my wii but I can't get it to work on vwii.. I get white screen every time I press a button on the start up screen. Can anyone please help me?

And theres something else.. Is there any good tutorial to play GameCube games on vwii? I think I saw it somewhere that is possible but I'm not sure.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER!!! :)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've been googling around for a while now but I can't seem to find a solution.
I have Kirby's return to dreamland on my HDD and it used to work on my wii but I can't get it to work on vwii.. I get white screen every time I press a button on the start up screen. Can anyone please help me?

And theres something else.. Is there any good tutorial to play GameCube games on vwii? I think I saw it somewhere that is possible but I'm not sure.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER!!! :)

i think its the same for vwii as normall wii. if your using usbloadergx you will need to change a setting which im not sure what (others will help you im sure). but if you use wiiflow it should just play straight away. (thier are a handfull of other games like this. i think they use a different type of security)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
3 options. either find the thread for usbloadergx and there "cyan" says about changing a setting for these types of games (it could be that global one but not sure) or maybe message cyan yourself and ask. or just use wiiflow :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello, you summoned me ? ;)

there are games which require you to disable all patches.
Maybe I should add a detection inside the loader to force all patches to be disabled for these games?

I know two games which require all patches disabled : Prince of persia Forgotten sands, and Kirby return to dream lands.
Though, Kirby can be patched if you add Crediar's gameconfig.txt in your /codes/ folder, and enable a cheat code in ocarina menu.

If you don't use the gameconfig.txt + at least 1 cheat code, then:

- Disable "return to"
- if not enough, set video mode to Console default, use the same region game/console, set language to Console default.
- if not enough, be sure that you didn't use: Ocarina, video dol patch, neek video patch

Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
cheers for the quick reply cyan :) .and ye if its possible to add a detection in your loader that would be quality and save minor messing around. i no i would appriciate it alot

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The detection would work with Prince of Persia.
For kirby, as there's a way to allow patches (by using gameconfig.txt file), I can't force all patches to disabled state.

an easier way (for me) would be to add a prompt "This game requires all patches disabled. (Disable & launch) (Launch) (cancel)".
But detecting the gameconfig presence (or generating it on the fly) would be the best choice for end user.

Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
i think if you could add a prompt to remove patches for individual games that would be great. it would be reasonable easier for you too add in to usbloadergx and for the end user they only have to change the setting once and it will stay that way :) happy days all round.

also i remember you showing a picture of possibly putting TABS at the top of your loader. was there a new release with that in?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
also i remember you showing a picture of possibly putting TABS at the top of your loader. was there a new release with that in?
it was a mockup, then someone did a patch for an old revision.
unfortunately, I didn't have time to work on the loader lately. I don't think I'll do it, even if I have ideas how it will/should be done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.