Hacking Kirby's Return to Dream Land White Screen

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you very much for your reply. When you said works, do you mean you can actually create (or load) a save and play the game for a while (e.g. 5 minutes), but not just start the game in SD ?
Yes

Hello,

I tested the game on a "Verbatim 64 GB SD" card.:yay:

With Configurable loader v70 ==> all parameters by default (cios 249 base 56):yaywii:

With Wiiflow 5.4.6 ==> all default settings:yaywii:
(cios 249 base 56)

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yes

Hello,

I tested the game on a "Verbatim 64 GB SD" card.:yay:

With Configurable loader v70 ==> all parameters by default (cios 249 base 56):yaywii:

With Wiiflow 5.4.6 ==> all default settings:yaywii:
(cios 249 base 56)

Thanks for your reply. I will get exactly the "Verbatim 64 GB SD" then. Would you please also test Excite Truck in SD too ? Thx a lot !

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Excite Truck does not work on SD with Configurable loader v70 or wiiflow.

I cannot test Excite Truck on USB media (sorry)

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Excite Truck does not work on SD with Configurable loader v70 or wiiflow.

I cannot test Excite Truck on USB media (sorry)

Thanks for your testing indeed. I can confirm that Excite Truck works on USB perfectly. I just cannot make it work on SD, no matter how hard I tried.

Reactions: jeannotte

Felix12332

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you know, slot numbers are useless.
you could tell users to use slot248 too, and not everyone installed something in there.
what's important is not the slot number, but what's inside !
if in your slot250 you have "d2x v8 base57" and on his console he installed "d2x v8 base57" in slot 249, then he would have the same result than you using slot250 while he use 249.

don't just give random slot numbers, run syscheck to know what you have in that slot and tell users your content information.

sorry for you.
it should have work.

kirby USA game SUKE01 + gameconfig.txt with kirbyUSA SUKE01 code inside + usbloadergx1271 + hooktype enabled + language english + d2x v8 or v10r52 with base57 (don't use r53, or SD card with wiiflow/CFG loader)
if you use an old version of the loader, you have to enable at least one cheat code to load gameconfig, but now it shouldn't be required. you can try to enable one cheatcode + ocarina option to see if it helps, maybe there's still a bug not loading the config file.
be sure it's named "gameconfig.txt" and you display file extensions, or it could be named "gameconfig.txt.txt"

I attached the files I have :
USA gameconfig
PAL gameconfig
Merged USA+PAL gameconfig

edit: actually, they are also available on geckocodes website.
its telling me i don't have a gct file and honestly this is the first time im doing this so im not really sure what i have to do

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Dear @Cyan,

In my case, When I play "SUKK01 : Kirby Kor" I get a white screen.
(Note that It done in CFG after apply "A, F" function of wiikeychanger on SUKK01.wbfs)

At once, I selected ISO 250 + hooktype enabled + language english + d2x v8... on Usbloadergx1271. But, No exist gameconfi.txt for SUKK01...

Some Korean reported to the community that they applied "A, F" function of wiikeychanger on SUKK01.wbfs, converted back to ISO and applied "m - 56 - u" function of wiikeychanger. It's done for Usbloadergx. Of course I have failed. :)

Any good ideas for this issue?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you edit the game, it'll fail to launch.
you are probably using Wii Key changer to reencrypt the partition to remove the korean key?
USBLoaderGX should be compatible with korean keys, no need to reencrypt.

try to play the game on a korean wii, using a korean ISO, and everything else set to korean (default console/game language).
do not apply any cheat, don't force any video mode (set it to console default, instead of disc default), disable hooktype, debug, and all which could affect game patching (aspect ratio, etc.), return to, etc.

Then, try to launch it "vanillla", without any patches, just to see if that game launches at all.

Once it work, you can try to "patch" the game if you find a gameconfig for that version (I don't have it), which would allow you to further patch it (cheats, etc.)

if you only want to play that game, without any patch, then you have to disable everything in the game settings.

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's MetaFortress... enabling any of these will cause the game to stop working. (I think Cyan's looking for the Ocarina code to disable the patch protection.)

Code:
videoSelected,
videoPatchDol,
aspectForce,
languageChoice,
patchcountrystring,
vipatch,
sneekVideoPatch,
hooktype,
returnTo,
privateServer

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Cyan Here's the file on Wayback Machine: http://web.archive.org/web/20140414184335/http://crediar.no-ip.com/krtdcd.txt

I'm confused, am I supposed to copy and paste all the stuff in that link to my sd card?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused, am I supposed to copy and paste all the stuff in that link to my sd card?
@blackb0x has a text file to disable that protection. iirc, you put it on the root of the sd card. his next build of usb loader gx will negate the need for the text file, I believe. I've tagged him for him to upload it. wait a moment, I think I have it:

Attachments

• gameconfig.txt
    114.1 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: Jereming

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blackb0x has a text file to disable that protection. iirc, you put it on the root of the sd card. his next build of usb loader gx will negate the need for the text file, I believe. I've tagged him for him to upload it. wait a moment, I think I have it:
So place this on the root of sd and in game settings change the hooktype to VBI........ or dont change anything?

Last edited by Griffballchamp,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. afaik, you just need to place it on the root. I haven't tested it myself. you probably need the latest version of usb loader gx's fork, which you can get in that thread.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try disabling all cheats, patches, temporal fixes and other custom settings for hacking for Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Kirby's Adventure Wii).

If i'm not wrong it's because of its anti-piracy method "MetaFortress" implemented in the game
the text file should make that unnecessary. I haven't tested the text file, only made a backup of it when @blackb0x uploaded it). however, the method you mentioned is an alternative and what I did after reading a post by @XFlak . game works along with my save which is only at like 10% lol).

Reactions: SaulFabre

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the text file should make that unnecessary. I haven't tested the text file, only made a backup of it when @blackb0x uploaded it). however, the method you mentioned is an alternative and what I did after reading a post by @XFlak . game works along with my save which is only at like 10% lol).
It didn't work. Still whitescreens after hitting 2 on the menu. Am I supposed to rename the text file to SUKE01 ?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
But keep it on the root of sd or put in codes folder?
It's NOT in the root of the SD.

But, since i don't use USB Loader GX (since i don't own a Wii console xD), i can't say you in what folder must save the text file with the config.

@godreborn, @blackb0x, etc... are you there?

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Are your CIOS, IOS and loaders up to date?

Could you post a syscheck report from your wii please?
I'll admit, I've been away from the scene for a good while. I'm using USBLGX 1271, but I'm only trying to help someone else with this issue and he said his USBLGX version is 3.1.1.1278-master that he said he downloaded from Homebrew Channel. Is HBC being revived/updated?

His CIOS is good, d2x v10 r52

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...