Hacking Kirby's Return to Dream Land White Screen

ACCA919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
yes, that's the NTSCU TitleID.

the game can't work without gameconfig.txt patch, because you don't use the same region for the game and the console.
So how do I apply the gameconfig.txt patch? GeckoOS doesn't appear when I put its files under /apps on my SD card

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
geckoOS?
I thought you used USBLoaderGX...

put gameconfig.txt for NTSCU kirby on SD root (or in codes folder)
enable VBI hooktype for kirby
play the NTSCU game.

ACCA919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
geckoOS?
I thought you used USBLoaderGX...

put gameconfig.txt for NTSCU kirby on SD root (or in codes folder)
enable VBI hooktype for kirby
play the NTSCU game.

I think I was confused about needing to have GeckoOS run WITH USBloaderGX then lol. Yes I'm using USBloaderGX, so should I put gameconfig.txt in the USB root instead of the SD root?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
USB is for the games.
SD is for homebrew, settings, and other files (cheats etc.)
if you changed the cheatcode path from SD to USB, put the gameconfig into that folder.
if you didn't change anything, default is sd:/ and sd:/codes/

ACCA919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
USB is for the games.
SD is for homebrew, settings, and other files (cheats etc.)
if you changed the cheatcode path from SD to USB, put the gameconfig into that folder.
if you didn't change anything, default is sd:/ and sd:/codes/
Just to be safe I put it in USB:/ USB:/codes SD:/ and SD:/codes, as I don't remember changing cheatcode path in USBloaderGX

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I set the iOS to load 250, the game white screens no longer. However, it does hang just after I select the game file to start. Try changing your iOS to 250. I’m using configurable usbloader.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you know, slot numbers are useless.
you could tell users to use slot248 too, and not everyone installed something in there.
what's important is not the slot number, but what's inside !
if in your slot250 you have "d2x v8 base57" and on his console he installed "d2x v8 base57" in slot 249, then he would have the same result than you using slot250 while he use 249.

don't just give random slot numbers, run syscheck to know what you have in that slot and tell users your content information.

It didn't.
sorry for you.
it should have work.

kirby USA game SUKE01 + gameconfig.txt with kirbyUSA SUKE01 code inside + usbloadergx1271 + hooktype enabled + language english + d2x v8 or v10r52 with base57 (don't use r53, or SD card with wiiflow/CFG loader)
if you use an old version of the loader, you have to enable at least one cheat code to load gameconfig, but now it shouldn't be required. you can try to enable one cheatcode + ocarina option to see if it helps, maybe there's still a bug not loading the config file.
be sure it's named "gameconfig.txt" and you display file extensions, or it could be named "gameconfig.txt.txt"

I attached the files I have :
USA gameconfig
PAL gameconfig
Merged USA+PAL gameconfig

edit: actually, they are also available on geckocodes website.

Attachments

• SUKE01 gameconfig.txt
    38.1 KB · Views: 503
  • SUKP01 gameconfig.txt
    35.3 KB · Views: 329
  • gameconfig.txt
    73.4 KB · Views: 380
Last edited by Cyan,

ACCA919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
kirby USA game SUKE01 + gameconfig.txt with kirbyUSA SUKE01 code inside + usbloadergx1271 + hooktype enabled + language english + d2x v8 or v10r52 with base57 (don't use r53, or SD card with wiiflow/CFG loader)
if you use an old version of the loader, you have to enable at least one cheat code to load gameconfig, but now it shouldn't be required. you can try to enable one cheatcode + ocarina option to see if it helps, maybe there's still a bug not loading the config file.

I think I have the newest version of the loader. Where do I enable a cheat code? And doesn't Ocarina mess with the piracy check? Also my d2x CIOS installer doesn't have d2x v8

Nvm the game finally loaded, thanks a bajillion!

Last edited by ACCA919,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, ocarina mess with the anti-piracy check. actually it's a memory verification check, so if you use cheat codes to edit the memory it'll trigger the "memory edition" detection. you need to patch the memory check routine (with gameconfig.txt) to allow the use of cheatcodes.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hello,

Test and you will see the result.

SD in FAT 32 << === Recommend

Thanks for your reply. This works for ALL games EXCEPT Kirby's Return to Dream Land. This game can start, but when it create (or load) a save, I get a black screen. Test and you will see the result.

P.S. Kirby's Return to Dream Land works perfectly with USB, but I just cannot get it work with SD.

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your reply. This works for ALL games EXCEPT Kirby's Return to Dream Land. This game can start, but when it create (or load) a save, I get a black screen. Test and you will see the result.

P.S. Kirby's Return to Dream Land works perfectly with USB, but I just cannot get it work with SD.
Hello,

at home, Kirby's Return to Dream Land game works on USB and SD with 2 different loaders:

Configurable loader 78.11 and Wiiflow 5.4.6. ==> :yaywii::yay:

Get a branded and quality SD card (no sub-brand)

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hello,

at home, Kirby's Return to Dream Land game works on USB and SD with 2 different loaders:

Configurable loader 78.11 and Wiiflow 5.4.6. ==> :yaywii::yay:

Get a branded and quality SD card (no sub-brand)

Thank you very much for your reply. When you said works, do you mean you can actually create (or load) a save and play the game for a while (e.g. 5 minutes), but not just start the game in SD ?

If yes, what settings are needed for WiiFlow 5.4.6 to play the game in SD ? Thank you.

Last edited by TeenTin,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1