Hacking Kirby superstar ultra issues on m3 firmware

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get white screens when I choose like New game or start adventure or whatever. It boots up fine though. This is on the most recent m3 firmware. I haven't tried it on sakura or iTouch

A possible culprit is that I recently reformatted my card...however other games run fine so, this probably isn't it.

Anyone else getting something like this?

Cait

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not just you. It happens to a lot of us.

It corrupted my firmware on my M3 Simply XP

So hopefully a patch will come out soon~

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Greetz,

The game starts for me but for some reason, the game always freezes on the second movie of the Meta Knight Ultra mode. At times, the game will lock up on any mode. This occurs on M3 Simply and Real (original and Sakura FW). I tried it on an emulator where it runs without problems.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My M3 Simply won't start (Unable to save...) and the M3 REAL perfect gets stuck at the menus. So far it is quite annoying.

I read about a code that you have to enter in order to get rid of the menu freeze but I cannot figure out how to enter that code.

-shebang

YoshiRiRu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An odd problem I had was whenever I unlocked a new game it would freeze on me; not really an issue though, I could just restart and play it.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YoshiRiRu said:
An odd problem I had was whenever I unlocked a new game it would freeze on me; not really an issue though, I could just restart and play it.
That happens to me too. The game's internal soft-reset (L+R+Select+Start) will fix it.

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also tried the same options and it doesn't work for me. It always freezes at the initializing save part. I am at the highest firmware and game manager available for English.

I chronicled my problems here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108...=0#entry1451477
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/706364#4305545

Anything else you might be able to tell me (specific cart, card, setting we might need to turn off, etc)?

The games work in the latest version of no$gba 2.6a. The playback would be 100% on the DS though.

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trying another round of using 3 different patchers and using all of the arm7's I could get my hands on, I think I have given up.

The games worked in the no$gba emulator when they were patched with the Summon Night Twin Age (U) arm7.bin, but they still couldn't initialize save data on the DS (used recommended settings and all the other options I could) and froze.

I don't know what to try anymore. Sadly, I'm going to have to give up. If anyone finds a game way to make these games work, please post how you did it here.

I gave up on Slot-2 Devices, my new Supercard One V3 + Kingston 8GB microSDHC is coming in the mail for $49.56.

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cait said:
It's not just you. It happens to a lot of us.

It corrupted my firmware on my M3 Simply XP

So hopefully a patch will come out soon~

Solution: (tested by me) Get R4Custom and apply it to your _DS_MENU.DAT
All games work fine!
(Including KSSU)

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just wanted to share that trimming the ROM helped resolving my freezing issues. If you have got similar problems, you might try that as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1