Gaming Kirby Star Allies - Worked, randomly corrupted, reinstalled, freezes on launch

TobiasAmaranth

OP
Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
All sorts of weirdness on this one. Kirby Star Allies on 4.0 software, beat it, had fun. Was going to play it again with a friend, and when I went to launch it, it shouted that it had somehow gotten corrupted. Okay sure, let it do the check, the check said 'yes, corrupted', and so then I deleted the game. Reinstalled it (SX OS 2.7 + current Switch EmuNAND) and it locks up the switch. Same file it was before hand.

How can I properly repair this to be able to play the game again?

D

Deleted User

All sorts of weirdness on this one. Kirby Star Allies on 4.0 software, beat it, had fun. Was going to play it again with a friend, and when I went to launch it, it shouted that it had somehow gotten corrupted. Okay sure, let it do the check, the check said 'yes, corrupted', and so then I deleted the game. Reinstalled it (SX OS 2.7 + current Switch EmuNAND) and it locks up the switch. Same file it was before hand.

How can I properly repair this to be able to play the game again?
Reinstall the game. I recommend using https://tinfoil.io/#download. You're nsp possibly got corrupted and makes it useless to install. You can use this homebrew and setup a way to download straight from your google drive to the switch nand or sd

TobiasAmaranth

OP
Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
The weird part is that between 'beat' and 'play again', I didn't uninstall it. I've also tried installing with both SX Installer and with the SX Homebrew (which has, at times, yielded different results).

I don't know. It's strange, and only an issue with Kirby atm.

D

Deleted User

The weird part is that between 'beat' and 'play again', I didn't uninstall it. I've also tried installing with both SX Installer and with the SX Homebrew (which has, at times, yielded different results).

sd corruption is a thing. I'm going to guess you're using Exfat. Fat32 is more safer to use. With Tinfoil, its more updated than SX Installer. A thing that has been going around is that U1 cards are more safer than U3 cards due to its speed. I would recommend doing a corrupted data test around all your games and see what is corrupted. I do this before playing any of my games after I install more games.

TobiasAmaranth

OP
Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
sd corruption is a thing. I'm going to guess you're using Exfat. Fat32 is more safer to use. With Tinfoil, its more updated than SX Installer. A thing that has been going around is that U1 cards are more safer than U3 cards due to its speed. I would recommend doing a corrupted data test around all your games and see what is corrupted. I do this before playing any of my games after I install more games.

Is that check a feature of Tinfoil? Because I just lost another one (black screen on boot), one I was playing yesterday. Sword of Ditto. U3 128 Samsung MicroSD, starting to get full overall.

Last edited by TobiasAmaranth,
D

Deleted User

Is that check a feature of Tinfoil? Because I just lost another one, one I was playing yesterday. Sword of Ditto. U3 128 Samsung MicroSD, starting to get full overall.
Tinfoil wont install anything that is corrupted but its very simple because you can do PC to Switch installs with NUT which should keep your NSPs safe from corruption if you're putting them in the SD card. I once used a 256GB U3 Samsung but that was a total mess when it comes to installing more games. My old games I installed got corrupted. I use a 128GB U1 Sandisk now. No corruptions yet to be seen for months now. Keep yourself away from the unavoidable corruptions. It kills us all

TobiasAmaranth

OP
Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't have the cabling (??) needed to plus my Switch into my PC, and I am totally keeping the thing away from the wireless network, haha. (I'd set up a local network only connection with a spare router if I could be assed moreso. :P)

Maybe I'll delete a few more of the bigger things (like Senua) and see if my luck improves. Didn't start running into these issues until reaching the point of having the card mostly full. I'd heard the stories, of course, but my gaming backlog's been growing so much lately...

D

Deleted User

Its not the storage usage, its just your sd card. People say they get away with Exfat and have not experienced no corruption which is total bullshit. If you can format your SD card to Fat32, you might potentially get no corruptions as you install more games but its not a 100% safe

TobiasAmaranth

OP
Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil wont install anything that is corrupted but its very simple because you can do PC to Switch installs with NUT which should keep your NSPs safe from corruption if you're putting them in the SD card. I once used a 256GB U3 Samsung but that was a total mess when it comes to installing more games. My old games I installed got corrupted. I use a 128GB U1 Sandisk now. No corruptions yet to be seen for months now. Keep yourself away from the unavoidable corruptions. It kills us all

Btw, just ran a corruption check on Ditto and it is NOT coming back as corrupted. It just... freezes (only tried once since I was running into this issue with a different game) when launched. Which it wasn't doing yesterday. Any other potential reasons for something like that to happen?

D

Deleted User

Btw, just ran a corruption check on Ditto and it is NOT coming back as corrupted. It just... freezes with launched. Which it wasn't doing yesterday. Any other potential reasons for something like that to happen?
How did you install the game?

TobiasAmaranth

OP
Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure that one was SX Installer 1.4 the last time I did the install on it. And it was previously working as recently as yesterday. Completed Dusty, Fist of Rage today, as well as Gato Roboto w/update (update install failed with SX Installer 1.4 so I installed with reg SX OS installation) to the end of the game and deleted it, as well as Dusty.

Deleted some other games, and it seems to be loading this time around. I wonder if Kirby would end up working now, too. Maybe there's just a bit of instability in SX OS 2.7 \*shakes head*

D

Deleted User

Pretty sure that one was SX Installer 1.4 the last time I did the install on it. And it was previously working as recently as yesterday. Completed Dusty, Fist of Rage today, as well as Gato Roboto w/update (update install failed with SX Installer 1.4 so I installed with reg SX OS installation) to the end of the game and deleted it, as well as Dusty.

Deleted some other games, and it seems to be loading this time around. I wonder if Kirby would end up working now, too. Maybe there's just a bit of instability in SX OS 2.7 \*shakes head*
Update your SX OS to 2.7.1

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

The built in installer is known to corrupt games so I don't recommend using that. Either the separate SX Installer or Tinfoil from http://tinfoil.io are good. SX Installer is just a rebranded version of Tinfoil but it's more out of date.
Also check out hbgshop ;)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

TobiasAmaranth

OP
Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Did it work?

Just got the chance to test with the 2.7.1 and that did the trick for all games that were experiencing problems. Woo! I had been out of town and missed the news feed around here for the update, it seems. And I did use Tinfoil, for what it's worth. That does seem more secure for installing, heh.

D

Deleted User

Just got the chance to test with the 2.7.1 and that did the trick for all games that were experiencing problems. Woo! I had been out of town and missed the news feed around here for the update, it seems. And I did use Tinfoil, for what it's worth. That does seem more secure for installing, heh.
I figured it was your SXOS version since you mentioned ver. 2.7 only and not 2.7.1. Enjoy the old games working again

Last edited by ,
Reactions: TobiasAmaranth

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
You can fix by use others new acount in nintendo switch im chose others acount in nintendo switch it is work fine.. Coz i wasuse edizon and more things the game have broblume in frist acount user im chose new user and it is work..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...