Kirby: Star Allies to get demo on Switch eShop today (updated)

Nintendo of Europe has announced in this week's eShop update that the new upcoming Kirby game, Star Allies, will be getting a demo later today at 2 PM GMT. A demo hasn't been announced for any other region, but this post will be updated if there's anything new. Nintendo of Japan also put out a new 6 minute video for the game, giving an overview of gameplay and new features. You can check that out in the video above. Kirby: Star Allies is set to launch later this month on March 16th, exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

Kirby is back – and he’s finally on the Nintendo Switch console in HD! But this time, he’s not alone. Recruit enemies by hitting them with hearts, and gather helpers for a party of up to four characters. On top of that, you can join with up to three friends for a different kind of team-up action!

EDIT: The demo is now available on the North American eShop.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

Last edited by Chary,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's kinda nice, actually. I like that we've seen a few games come out with early demos, like Octopath Traveler and Dragon Quest Builders. I was already sold on Octopath but in the case of DQ Builders, the demo totally sold me ahead of the full game's launch.

That said, Kirby games usually bore me and I see no indication that this one will be any different. Cutesy graphics, but I feel the gameplay lacks much substance. Wonder why the demo isn't coming to other regions right away.

Reactions: SonicRegret and Xzi

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still looks like the same old thats been on systems before.

i get people like the icons, but come on make something new..

when it comes to nintendo you know its going to release the same crap they did on the other systems with very little difference, story usually same thing too.

i guess during my childhood days i would have loved this, but 20 years later and still seeing the same titles with graphical upgrade is boring.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
still looks like the same old thats been on systems before.

i get people like the icons, but come on make something new..

when it comes to nintendo you know its going to release the same crap they did on the other systems with very little difference, story usually same thing too.

i guess during my childhood days i would have loved this, but 20 years later and still seeing the same titles with graphical upgrade is boring.
Yes, because we all know these new age titles are amazing... Yup, Horizon Zero Dawn was fantastic! Oh, what about Metal Gear Survive? Battlefield 1 is original, right!

If you REALLY want to get technical? Most, if not ALL modern games are reskins.

Reactions: ATofix

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's kinda nice, actually. I like that we've seen a few games come out with early demos, like Octopath Traveler and Dragon Quest Builders. I was already sold on Octopath but in the case of DQ Builders, the demo totally sold me ahead of the full game's launch.

That said, Kirby games usually bore me and I see no indication that this one will be any different. Cutesy graphics, but I feel the gameplay lacks much substance. Wonder why the demo isn't coming to other regions right away.
hmm, try playing the kirby game that was on the wii with a group of friends, it is a hell of a lot more fun, solo though does feel kinda meh in comparison

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on the fence about this game, but after playing this demo I think I'm sold on it. I forgot how fun Kirby can be! The game looks and feels absolutely fantastic and adorable to me.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now up for prepurchase/predownload/presomething on the eShop in America,

citation: my friend just checked and I watched him

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still waiting on my damn 1.5tb card
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I could probably add more PS1 games hmmm
    Ken I seen some 2TB cards on Amazon for like 30 bucks you should order one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By the time my 1.5 card arrives they'll have 2tb sd
    The company was iScam or something
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sold by xdjfwhwjehsbau 80% feedback?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or jeyjong inc
    I watched a YouTube video the guy bought a couple of them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just buy used flash storage run drill disk for fun
    They show up as 2TB in windows but really like 128GBs just reporting the space wrong lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fbi open up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember my high-school teacher letting me break old floppy was fun I was like what's the students name ma'am
    Lol I remember in tech school the teacher challenged me to get into his system in class I used Hirens and while he was making a speech about how hacking was not like the movies I told him "I'm in" lol he turned around in absolute shock
    +1
    He thought he had like 20-30 minutes it took me a reboot and deleting the SAM file a reboot and that is it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Should've said hack into the schools internet
    I miss when security was an absolute joke lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah now we gotta actually ask people for wifi passwords
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    frfr
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Lol I've done that. Got around the school's WiFi.
    +1
    You can still crack WiFi it just is more work than it used to be lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Madden 04 is finally worth $2
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Madden 04 is finally worth $2 +1