Kirby: Star Allies to get demo on Switch eShop today (updated)

Nintendo of Europe has announced in this week's eShop update that the new upcoming Kirby game, Star Allies, will be getting a demo later today at 2 PM GMT. A demo hasn't been announced for any other region, but this post will be updated if there's anything new. Nintendo of Japan also put out a new 6 minute video for the game, giving an overview of gameplay and new features. You can check that out in the video above. Kirby: Star Allies is set to launch later this month on March 16th, exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

Kirby is back – and he’s finally on the Nintendo Switch console in HD! But this time, he’s not alone. Recruit enemies by hitting them with hearts, and gather helpers for a party of up to four characters. On top of that, you can join with up to three friends for a different kind of team-up action!

EDIT: The demo is now available on the North American eShop.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

Last edited by Chary,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, because we all know these new age titles are amazing... Yup, Horizon Zero Dawn was fantastic! Oh, what about Metal Gear Survive? Battlefield 1 is original, right!

If you REALLY want to get technical? Most, if not ALL modern games are reskins.
id agree with MGS its a total bag o shite.

but you skip the point completely.

these titles are all new, erm..... kirby is the same shit, look back at all console before now, how little difference there is to this and them.

you already know what shit nintendo will release because all you have to do is look back and see older consoles and its icons never change so you know theyll re release the same shit again.

i fail to find horizon zero dawn, battlefield 1 and even metal gear on consoles before it.

but wait..... kirby side scrolling platform game.... fuck a duck its been recycled on all consoles.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
No demo for America though? Harsh.
I'm doubting it will come out today, if at all. They also sent out a news letter via the news feed on switch about the preload with no mention of a demo.
Their press emails went out for NA, no demo to be added today. Good thing getting a EU account is so easy.

Reactions: Xzi and rileysrjay

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
id agree with MGS its a total bag o shite.

but you skip the point completely.

these titles are all new, erm..... kirby is the same shit, look back at all console before now, how little difference there is to this and them.

you already know what shit nintendo will release because all you have to do is look back and see older consoles and its icons never change so you know theyll re release the same shit again.

i fail to find horizon zero dawn, battlefield 1 and even metal gear on consoles before it.

but wait..... kirby side scrolling platform game.... fuck a duck its been recycled on all consoles.
what? battlefield 1 is the most generic shooter ever ,any early call of duty or medal of honnor plays the same and even uses most of the weapons..., and metal gear is basicaly a zombie surbibing game reskined to metal gear, you got loads and loads of multiplayer zombie surbiving games do i even need to list afew?Even horizon zero dawn is basicaly witcher 3 with robots or any open world rpg really its not unique in any way except turning enemies into robots isntead of mythical creatures or demons or whatever.

Every game is based on another game by now and i wonder how you said you never saw batlefield 1 on any other console lol its a generic shooter from an IP with alot of sequels... they just change the era and copy paste same as Call of duty, now your gonna tell me call of duty is inovative and unique becuase there are no WWII shooters lol

Last edited by pedro702,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
what? battlefield 1 is the most generic shooter ever ,any early call of duty or medal of honnor plays the same and even uses most of the weapons..., and metal gear is basicaly a zombie surbibing game reskined to metal gear, you got loads and loads of multiplayer zombie surbiving games do i even need to list afew?Even horizon zero dawn is basicaly witcher 3 with robots or any open world rpg really its not unique in any way except turning enemies into robots isntead of mythical creatures or demons or whatever.

Every game is based on another game by now and i wonder how you said you never saw batlefield 1 on any other console lol its a generic shooter from an IP with alot of sequels... they just change the era and copy paste same as Call of duty, now your gonna tell me call of duty is inovative and unique becuase there are no WWII shooters lol
I'm 99% sure you posted this in the wrong thread.

On the topic of Kirby, I received my SNES today and the only game I have right now is Kirby's Avalanche. The CPU opponents do not fuck around in this game, level 2 (Wispy Woods) whooped my ass the first play.

Last edited by Xzi,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm 99% sure you posted this in the wrong thread.

On the topic of Kirby, I received my SNES today and the only game I have right now is Kirby's Avalanche. The CPU opponents do not fuck around in this game, level 2 (Wispy Woods) whooped my ass the first play.
how is your connection to the 4k tv?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Right now playable, but pretty bad color smearing/displacement because I'm using the composite cables upscaled to 1080p. I've got the SCART converter/upscaler, but the cable hasn't arrived for RGB SNES output yet.
yeah old consoles look preety crappy and washed out, rgb is the best or s video but even then you will never get the picture quality of using the snes emulaor on wiiu.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
yeah old consoles look preety crappy and washed out, rgb is the best or s video but even then you will never get the picture quality of using the snes emulaor on wiiu.
I've got my PC on the same screen, so if I want to use an emulator that's easy. I'm happy to have real SNES controllers and the sleek grey console. The 8bitdo SF30Pro is much of what got me craving the real thing again. It was also my very first console.

Last edited by Xzi,

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really dislike the choice to go with 30fps over 60fps. I would have gladly taken reduced visuals for 60fps in Kirby.
Seconded on this, I played through the demo and it's a lot of fun but you can really feel the 30 FPS over something like zelda and I feel it would have been way better served to be 60 fps (though maybe it's because recently I've been playing PC games @ 144 hz lately). It feels a little sluggish, but maybe it's just adjustment. The most time I've spent with Kirby is on the GBA versions, which might be why it throws me so hard. They seem to be doing the 4-player thing like amazing mirror again and I feel like if you stick to AI and play single player some of the more complex puzzles might potentially get frustrating unless they keep them simple. All said though, it's Kirby fun so I'll still probably pick it up.

Last edited by Hking0036,

moneychild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What firmware version do you need to play this? I'm on 4.0 (I think) and I'm waiting for home-brew but I really want to buy this when it comes out.

Last edited by moneychild,

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What firmware version do you need to play this? I'm on 4.0 (I think) and I'm waiting for home-brew but I really want to buy this when it comes out.

I will update to 4.1 if i were you and STAY there. You'll get the cfw with the 3.0.1 to 4.1 anyways. Exploit exist in this firmwares (or beyond until nintendo finally patches the exploit.) That's why your firmware group are the last to receive cfw as of this moment.

Atmosphere will *eventually* be launchable from all versions 1.0.0-4.1.0.

However, 1.0.0 will be able to use it first via jamais vu.

Some time later (probably at least a few months, I give no ETA on Atmosphere) it will be usable via deja vu on 2.0.0-3.0.0.

Then some unknown time later than that, it will be usable on 3.0.1-4.1.0.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I will update to 4.1 if i were you and STAY there. You'll get the cfw with the 3.0.1 to 4.1 anyways. Exploit exist in this firmwares (or beyond until nintendo finally patches the exploit.) That's why your firmware group are the last to receive cfw as of this moment.
Honestly people probably don't have to worry about it since there are coldboot exploits for Switch. All firmwares are exploitable once one becomes public.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol