Kirby and the Forgotten Land has leaked

asdasdasdad.png

If you've been eagerly waiting for the latest Kirby game, you might have noticed footage and screenshots for the game have been appearing online, even though the game is a few days away from launch. That's because Kirby and the Forgotten Land has leaked online. Shortly after the game was uploaded to pirate sites, the review embargo for the game lifted, where it currently sits at an 8.4/10. Please remember that as always, sharing warez is against the site rules.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not, but it is a better value because of both the ability to emulate Switch AND play modern AAA games like CP2077 and Elden Ring. The former wouldn't be possible if Nintendo wasn't using 2011's hardware in their 2017 console release, so they really have nobody to blame but themselves.
Nintendo was always like that when it came to their mindset in hardware however. They really have not pushed the envelope of gaming hardware power since the N64, and that failed hard because of the PS1's popularity plus the clear fact that disks were far more viable as a form of storage medium than carts were in both price and storage of said game. Nintendo since then has always been behind the curve in terms of hardware power and had hoped that their IP's and brand would suffice them enough to get by, which is half true.

That said I really do think the Switch is going to be their last hardware console. I just cannot see the same imagining force that made the Switch in the first place still be in the halls of Nintendo anymore especially after Iwata's passing and Reggie's leaving. The mindset there now seems more about embracing the IP's they have and milking them for all they are worth in multi-media fashion than they are interested in making a Switch successor. Between the Nintendo theme parks being made, the new Mario movie, dipping their toes in other platforms and partnerships, it really becomes a question on how long are they going to ride the Switch out until they push out a successor or they just flat our admit they are done with this side of the business?

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I just finished the game. Don't play it. It's just too sad.

Kirby dies of a preventable disease.

That's not actually the ending... after you go back to the main menu you have to resume your game and...

king dedede takes heart medication back in time and tricks Kirby into eating it by having his minions carry it around in their pocket

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That's not actually the ending... after you go back to the main menu you have to resume your game and...

king dedede takes heart medication back in time and tricks Kirby into eating it by having his minions carry it around in their pocket
Wow, thanks! I'm loving this trend where new game + actually continues the story.

Reactions: SonyUSA

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7 hour campaign? :( Guess I'll just complete it in Yuzu even if my fps aren't the absolute greatest. It's still very playable. When there are games that cost the same but are 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x....10x longer, I feel like I'm being ripped off if I pay for it. No reason some games can be literally 100+ hrs long for $60, while others are a measly 4-10 hrs long for the same effing price.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7 hour campaign? :( Guess I'll just complete it in Yuzu even if my fps aren't the absolute greatest. It's still very playable. When there are games that cost the same but are 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x....10x longer, I feel like I'm being ripped off if I pay for it. No reason some games can be literally 100+ hrs long for $60, while others are a measly 4-10 hrs long for the same effing price.
I do agree, though, kirby is a series where it's hard as fuck to 100%. the rainbow paintbrush/curse is just too difficult with all those rooms. might be doable with a guide, but randomly trying to figure out what to do is a pita.

langston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you being so pissy? Just install one of those extensions that block spoilers or block people on social media that are know for not respecting that if that's what you're so worried about. At the end of the day switch piracy is fairly niche, and for most people that can afford it simply buying the game is way easier that hacking your switch or messing around with emulators. While a PC that can emulate the switch may be more expensive than the switch itself, you still get a way better value even at the higher price tag. At the end of the day, just because you have an emotional attachment to Nintendo's characters and games doesn't mean that you owe it to them to worry about people who likely can't afford to buy the games in the first place. If you want to see the game do well, just buy it yourself. At the end of the day if other people like it they'll probably buy it too. Switch piracy simply isn't as convenient as just buying the game, so most people who do pirate Nintendo games are probably people who wouldn't buy them in the first place.

TL;DR: Block people who spoil if that's a problem for you, switch piracy isn't that convenient so most people who do partake are less likely to buy the game anyway in the first place.
Are you good bro?

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to weigh into the piracy discussion

did i pirate when i didn't have the money (pupil/student). hell yeah
do i have more switch games than i can ever play because now i can buy them? hell yeah
I agree with this, when I was a teen with no job and single parent on government assistance, I purchased what I could with a job, I now over compensate as an adult and buy the games I want, not all pirates will remain that way, I respect developers and buy physical and or digital releases depending on what’s available. I’ll never be upset with people getting access to something they can’t obtain, plus it’s nice having a console where you update with no worries and games just download and update as they should without ever needing special console mods or patches.

Last edited by G33ksquad,

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ha, it's only $60 for you? Lucky. Switch games in Canada are the biggest ripoffs ever... They're all just $90 and NEVER go on sale. Used market isn't much better either, with people asking $70+.
1648145548326.png

I'll just play it on yuzu. Not only will I get a better experience with a potential 60fps mod (among others) on top of the fact that I can run it at a higher resolution, I'll also be able to use a controller that doesn't suck ass without needing to buy any dongles. I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm dropping a hundred on kirby and another $40-something on a DS4 dongle (or $110 for a pro controller).

Last edited by SonicRings,

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I agree with this, when I was a teen with no job and single parent on government assistance, I purchased what I could with a job, I now over compensate as an adult and buy the games I want, not all pirates will remain that way, I respect developers and buy physical and or digital releases depending on what’s available. I’ll never be upset with people getting access to something they can’t obtain, plus it’s nice having a console where you update with no worries and games just download and update as they should without ever needing special console mods or patches.
oh i do have a modded switch and i try to have all games installed on my 256 gb microsd
sadly that's not possible, a few of the bigger games most stay at home :)

T00nist8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have been having trouble with this game, as it keeps crashing when I was starting it up. I tried the nsp and the xci, and recently updated Atmosphere to 1.3.0 and my switch's firmware is at 13.1.0. Should I update my firmware to be the most current, or is there something else I should do?

Update: Nevermind, there was a new nsp that was added and I installed it and now I got the game working! Now, I'm gonna enjoy myself playing Kirby!

Last edited by T00nist8,

Archolm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is anyone else kinda scared for all this stuff that's been building will cause a response from Nintendo on the scale-like Russia invading Ukraine but in the digital space? All these unreleased game leaks, actual emulators for a current system, Switch on Steam Deck videos, reconstructing Mario 64 and Zelda... I feel like we are on the brink of a nuclear reaction from well... companies in general.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone else kinda scared for all this stuff that's been building will cause a response from Nintendo on the scale-like Russia invading Ukraine but in the digital space? All these unreleased game leaks, actual emulators for a current system, Switch on Steam Deck videos, reconstructing Mario 64 and Zelda... I feel like we are on the brink of a nuclear reaction from well... companies in general.
All they have to do is offer us a compelling product that's not a total waste of money (or offer us the product in the first place COUGH VIRTUAL CONSOLE COUGH) with full access to it, and nobody will have a reason to pirate. ¯\_(˘▾˘)_/¯

Last edited by SonicRings,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What are they gonna do, take down the internet? Because anything short of that just causes the Streisand effect. Not to mention we've had current-gen Nintendo emulation going back three or maybe even four console generations. They've always been behind the times in a number of aspects, particularly online implementation and hardware/software security; and that just further exacerbates the issues that come with using outdated hardware to make consoles on the cheap while still trying to keep a high profit margin.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal

What are they gonna do, take down the internet? Because anything short of that just causes the Streisand effect. Not to mention we've had current-gen Nintendo emulation going back three or maybe even four console generations. They've always been behind the times in a number of aspects, particularly online implementation and hardware/software security; and that just further exacerbates the issues that come with using outdated hardware to make consoles on the cheap while still trying to keep a high profit margin.

Piracy impact on Nintendo is residual at best. The only reason you see them complaining is to be able to score a bit more here and there and to show a strong image to partners that develop for them.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64 and Xzi

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i do have a modded switch and i try to have all games installed on my 256 gb microsd
sadly that's not possible, a few of the bigger games most stay at home :)
Oh me too but more for cheats and goofing off, I have two OLEDs both standard with no HWFLY, I have considered it, but haven’t bitten on getting a chip installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool