Kirby Air Ride... What do you think could make it better than it is?

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by Noltron, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Noltron

Newcomer Noltron Member

Jul 4, 2009
    I forget
    United States
    I think that it would be awsome if they just made it playable online, and also made the swerve star worse by just toning it down to what the stats it would have at handicap 7. It dominates the scoreboards too much.

Also, those form changing abilities (wheel and bird) just were annoying. if they got rid of those it'd be awsome.
  2. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Nov 8, 2002
    Toronto, Ontario
    Every heard of WarpPipe? It supports MK:Double Dash and Kirby Air Ride (since those allowed LAN linking for the GC).
    The website no longer hosts the files (with their rather...weird Demasked project), but here's a download link.
  3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Oct 12, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Track design, make it better. The design of the tracks looks like nobody gave them a second thought.

Controls, make it intuitive
    Powersliding needs to be less cumbersome.
    The weapons system needs to be re-worked.

Making the game a lot better could actually be achieved by letting players use more than one button. The presentation is very nice indeed, very HAL but it seems like HAL's attempt to make it a simple one button racer made it more cumbersome.
  4. I've gotta say this game was extremely addictive. Maybe they should have built off of the City Trial mode more. That was my favorite, powering up was awesome. But it felt like the 7 minutes powering up for a 1 minute minigame seemed...short. =X Didn't use my full power. Maybe create some overall City Trial mode in a bigger town and whoever has the most kills in 15 minutes or most items wins. o-o