Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
549385_286104791473981_119240841493711_625996_2135273664_n.jpg

"

Nintendo

We’re thrilled to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Kirby by releasing a special Wii disc featuring all your favorite Kirby games this year! Which Kirby games are looking forward to playing again?"

Reactions: 1 person

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope this isn't like that shitty Super Mario All-Stars disk where they just threw the SNES rom onto a DVD an called it a day. They didn't even use the good version of All-Stars that included Super Mario World

Reactions: 4 people

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually don't think I've played any kirby games except for Dreamland 1 & 2 on the GB and Ghost Trap/Avalanche. I did really love Kirby's Dreamland 2 though back in the day, I had that in my gameboy for weeks on end before the big pokemon explosion of the 90's

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And, yet, no official Metroid 25th Anniversary...
Japan doesn't give a shit about Metroid, I think that was the reason to why that was ignored for their anniversary. However in the West it was released in 1988 so the 20th Anniversary of Metroid in the west is next year, who knows we might get something then.

"a special Wii disc featuring all your favorite Kirby games"

All of my favourite games? So does that mean Canvas Curse, Mass Attack, Pinball, Blockball, Tilt N Tumble, Super Star, Super Star Ultra, Epic Yarn, Dreamland 1-2 and Kirby Adventure? A couple of those would only work on a handheld with a touchscreen. Ideally a 3DS compilation with the DS games would be great as well though I don't know what to expect of this, I hope it is more than just some roms on a disc and also how can Nintendo justify releasing all those Kirby games on 3DS VC previously and the future now we know this is coming out?

Zelda got stuff that were a bit meh and also two games that were going to come out anyway...not to mentioned that it was Donkey Kong's 30th Anniversary and that game is probably Nintendo's most important release ever. It was their first hit that helped the company get some respect in the industry and it gave birth to the greatest spin off of all time Super Mario Bros.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In one of the recent Kirby games, this badge was found unused amongst the game's files. Pretty cool to see it come to fruition as an official announcement.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bet you a beer it is Kirby all-star collection plus but with the touch screen features removed. Then they'll rerelease it for the wii u with the touch screen stuff restored.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bet you a beer it is Kirby all-star collection plus but with the touch screen features removed. Then they'll rerelease it for the wii u with the touch screen stuff restored.
There wasn't a Kirby All-Star Collection. There was Kirby Super Star Ultra which was a remake+ of a SNES mini game collection and didn't feature any previously released Kirby games at all. This isn't a port of that, this is different.

You owe me a beer.

Reactions: 1 person

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
It's going to be a collection of ROMs on a disc, that's pretty much a given. The question is how they're going to handle the first GBA game, which was an excellent remake but it's resolution is way too small even for 480p.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've enjoyed a lot of the Kirby games, but after the Mario Anniversary disk, I can't exactly say I have my hopes set too high.

Prove me wrong, Nintendo.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've enjoyed a lot of the Kirby games, but after the Mario Anniversary disk, I can't exactly say I have my hopes set too high.

Prove me wrong, Nintendo.
Yeah, I'm thinking they'll pull the 'port this SNES game that looks like a compilation to the Wii and call it a compilation' deal again, but instead with a game that isn't a compilation.

At best, we could hope for a remake of the older GB Kirby games, but that's not likely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...