Kirbu Super Star Ultra scans in Nintendo Power October

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by granville, Aug 23, 2008.

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    First, all thanks go to Super Star Kirby from Rainbow Resort for providing these shots:

Page 1:
    [​IMG]

Page 2:
    [​IMG]

Page 3:
    [​IMG]

In the issue, the only things not detailed are the Meta Nightmare Ultra mode (yes it's the new name) and the Revenge of the King. They are briefly mentioned but they can't spill the beans yet. They also mention two all-new arena modes that are different from the classic arena mode (but the old one is still there too so don't worry).

The information could have been copied directly from the SNES game as there is no difference.gameplay-wise with the core game. There are some nice new screens though!

1-
    First, we see Whispy Woods boss showing off the Spring Breeze mode. He looks very much the same as ever. His background is much more detailed and colorful though. Here, we see the Poppy Bros Jr helper throwing bombs.

2-
    Next we see the Dynablade boss showing off her mode (Kirby is using the Cutter ability). Her background is no longer just a single color like the original, but a red sky with mountains and clouds! Also notable (but something you may have missed) is the fact that the foreground is different from the on in the leaked conference footage from 2007. She now has a grassy foreground as opposed to the early rocky bluish foreground found in this early video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xe6WZ2nvitk

Scroll to 2:30-2:35 and you'll see the early footage from last year. I guess this will give unseen64.net something to reminisce about in the future. Here's a better comparison for those who want it:

The final level art:
    [​IMG]

The early original cut level art:
    [​IMG]

3-
    Moving on, we see two shots from Great Cave Offensive. One is Kirby (with the fighter ability) fighting Bonkers (in his original size as opposed to his large size in Nightmare in Dreamland). The area keeps to the original style but the graphics are again, redesigned and more detailed. The bush has more pink flowers than before and the ground texture has a diamond pattern as opposed to the original's wavy pattern. Here's a basic layout map of the original if you need a comparison:

http://kirby.classicgaming.gamespy.com/gam...r/maps/cgo5.png

The second screen here is of the mine cart ride. The area still has a blue theme, but there are new textures and details that show off the new graphics. We see a little dinosaur enemy and he seems to look the same as he used to The buddy is Simirror. Here's a basic map of how it USED to be:

http://kirby.classicgaming.gamespy.com/gam...r/maps/cgo9.png

Not only that, but the article that complements the screens says that all the treasures including the other Nintendo game cameos will still be present!

4-
    The next part is the Metaknight battle. MK appears to have a new sprite different from any of his games. His background is new but once again redesigned in a way that stays true to the original game.

5-
    Last of the main game modes is Milky Way Wishes. We see two screens. One is the Computer Virus with the dragon (who has a totally new sprite) where Kirby is using his hammer ability. The other is the Nova shooting level. The Nova level is completely redesigned and I the picture is a little small to make a judgment on it. Kirby's Star ship seems the same sprite-wise and it still functions the same.

I'll let the rest of the stuff speak for itself.

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I must say, this game looks absolutely stunning. I can tell that it's going to be infinitely times better than Squeak Squad, which was a failure in my opinion.
    Kirby ftw! [​IMG]

3. granville
    OP

United States
    Gah! Typing in the dark made me spell Kirby "Kirbu" in the title. Any way to edit a topic title?

4. Roffy0

Newcomer Roffy0 Newbie

Netherlands
    Yay Kirby I can't wait till its out in the shops or on the net.
    Cuz I have the original kirby superstar for the Super nintendo(which is fun too of course)

And I tell ya the game looks great from the images you brought up granville.

5. -Mew-

Member -Mew- GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    Dont think you can edit it.

Also the game looks really awesome cant wait to play it. Loved the Snes kirbys and now when i get my DS i'm going to play through all the other ones.

6. cosmiccow

Member cosmiccow Original Hippie

Germany
    yay! i want i want i want i want!!1 [​IMG]

7. SkH

Member SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Algeria
    Whoa, wow, awesome!!

Best Kirby game ever!! [​IMG]

8. currynoodles

Member currynoodles GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    Ah! I can't wait for this! Absolutely loved the previous Kirby Squeak Squad.

Kirby ftw!!

9. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I enjoyed all Kirby so far, more or less..but this one really looks great...I'll be sure to play it when it comes out..

10. granville
    OP

United States
    One last thing I'll mention is about the new arena modes. How about a mode where 4 players can fight one another in a tournament. Like..........I don't know.......SUPER SMASH BROS? KSS IS after all said to be the inspiration for SSB.

11. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Gasp!

*changes pants*

ok wow. i played this on an emu long ago and loved it.
    this is awesome.

12. currynoodles

Member currynoodles GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    Sounds awesome. Hope there's download play for that mode too! Then everyone can join the fun!

13. SkH

Member SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Algeria
    Yeah!

I bet there will be! [​IMG]

14. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Cant wait!

15. pieman202

Member pieman202 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    i want this game T_T and also N+ they should be some games to look forward too >.

16. cerenade

Member cerenade GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    it looks quite nice, never actually played a kirby game, only played it in smashbros, and watched the tv shows