kingston 64 gb data traveler 150

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by chicken11, Jul 13, 2011.

Jul 13, 2011
  1. chicken11
    OP

Member chicken11 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    just brought a kingston 64 gb data traveler 150 usb flash drive off ebay,i format to fat 32,used back up manager and put black ops wii on it,when i put in wii,go to usb loader,wii reports black ops,when i click start i get black screen,i believe usb stick is fake,my 8 gb stick works 100 %, can any 1 report that my 64 gb stick is copmpatable with wii and i am unlucky,this is my second fake usb stick, can any 1 please recommened a compatable 64 gb or 32 gb usb flash drive please

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Why a flash drive? A usb HDD would be way better, faster and more compatible.

3. chicken11
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks for your quick reply,can u please recommened a hdd drive,make and model

4. FIX94

Germany
    To say the truth I'm using the cheapest hdd I found so I can't really recommend you one, I'm sure some other users will give you some tips in the next minutes/hours.

5. games2007

Member games2007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm also unable to run Black Ops on the Wii.
    It requires proper IOS or cIOS files in order to run it properly (I forget which, probably IOS).
    If you were able to successfully transfer the game using the Backup Manager, I doubt this is a fake.
    Also, Kingston is a good brand, and you probably bought from a reputable seller, as that is what eBay tries to get the buyer to do by pushing their products to the front.
    I suggest you try with a small, scrubbed game, such as Animal Crossing City Folk or New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

As for a hard drive, I can recommend http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0046RE21G (500GB Buffalo Mini hard drive) that I just bought. Works excellently.
    I can also recommend any Western Digital WD Elements hard drive (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=western+digital+external&x=0&y=0#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=western+digital+wd+elements&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Awestern+digital+wd+elements)

I have a 2TB one, but I imagine they should all be of great quality no matter the size.
    They both work well with my computer and my Wii.
    A hard drive for the Wii is worth it if you're playing a lot of games. Flash memory is still expensive, so I wouldn't have recommended buying such a large one right now.
    Large flash memory isn't really worth it yet unless you're a PC enthusiast running your Operating System off of one.

6. chicken11
    OP

United Kingdom
    to games 2007,i can run black ops fine using my 8 gb stick or fine via disc, my topic was about my 64 gb stick,i believe its fake,i can do everything with my 8gb stick but nothing with my 64 gb and wanted help to c if it was compatable or indeed fake

7. FIX94

Germany
    For black ops you need a cIOS with IOS57 base.