Hacking Kingston 4gig Japan mircroSDHC(Class 4)

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,
I have recieved my 2 kington 4 gig japan microSDHC cards.

First of all:
on the card itself, it says, CO4G Japan.
But on the adapter provided it says : TAIWAN.

Anywayz, I have tested both of them, an I AM REALLY not impressed...
It is sooo slow....
Castlenavia : DOS intro is even slower than my Sandisk 2 gig.
From what I have read, the intro suppose to work fine, right?

Is anything wrong? :'(

edit:
Castlenavia : POR crashes aswell... when I press start button for too long while gameplaying(same as the sandisk 2 gig).

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Just because a Japanese Kingston, that doesn't mean it's fast. SDHC cards in general have slower responce time than non-SDHC cards.

You didn't know what you were buying, so it's all your fault. If you really want a MicroSDHC card, look for Class 6 cards - they are faster than Class 4 cards, but they still may freeze in castlevania...

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably u r right...
well since people were talking like: SDHC cards were better for M3DS real.. and it works better.. I didnt know much about SDHC cards.
I just read the whole SDHC faq ;_;.
Meh, I will use them as storage...

xmortis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Class 4 Sandisk 6gb SDHC

Runs like a charm. Castlevania runs nice and smooth. Plays DPG vids without a hitch. At least so far. *shrug*

-X

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
strange, I'm running the same card filled to capacity, and it runs very smooth, both DoS and PoR work fine, intro and gameplay, just unlucky I suppose?

I have the same Kingston 4GB SDHC and Castlevania DOS intro movie is like a slideshow.
The funny thing is that this card is twice as fast when reading and writing on my PC than my old 2GB Sandisk card I used in my M3 DS Simply, yet the DS Simply ran the Castlevania movie fine.

"Supports different speed of micro SD card even the low speed SD card .Running programs without any lag or slow down"
- From the M3 website

I got mine from Bamboo Gaming.

Not too happy with this whole M3 DS Real. The M3 DS Simply is better.
The Simply is so much faster in the menu, much easier to navigate. It automatically sorts the games by name.
The games load much faster. I think I might bite the bullet and get my old setup back.

Edit: Just did some more tests with my old 2gb Sandisk non-sdhc card.
M3 DS Simply, the Castlevania DOS video plays perfectly
M3 DS Real, is as choppy as ever, looks like a slideshow, just like my Kingston 4Gb SDHC, so it's not the SD card that's the problem here.

The M3 DS Real sucks!

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
strange, I'm running the same card filled to capacity, and it runs very smooth, both DoS and PoR work fine, intro and gameplay, just unlucky I suppose?

I have the same Kingston 4GB SDHC and Castlevania DOS intro movie is like a slideshow.
The funny thing is that this card is twice as fast when reading and writing on my PC than my old 2GB Sandisk card I used in my M3 DS Simply, yet the DS Simply ran the Castlevania movie fine.

"Supports different speed of micro SD card even the low speed SD card .Running programs without any lag or slow down"
- From the M3 website

I got mine from Bamboo Gaming.

Not too happy with this whole M3 DS Real. The M3 DS Simply is better.
The Simply is so much faster in the menu, much easier to navigate. It automatically sorts the games by name.
The games load much faster. I think I might bite the bullet and get my old setup back.

Edit: Just did some more tests with my old 2gb Sandisk non-sdhc card.
M3 DS Simply, the Castlevania DOS video plays perfectly
M3 DS Real, is as choppy as ever, looks like a slideshow, just like my Kingston 4Gb SDHC, so it's not the SD card that's the problem here.

The M3 DS Real sucks!
The pc side is faster for me aswell...
I have tested the same 2 cards on my friends cycloDS, and both worked fine o.o.
Looks like its my M3 Real...
But anywayz, have to stick to 1 gig kingston.. I suppose
wtf.gif

Chedderknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The M3 DS Real sucks!

Mine works perfectly and I've tested every "bad" ROM that people keep talking about.
same, everything works as it should for me, understandbly the menus are a tad slow, but considering the fact this card holds more features than the simply, its understandable
So you are talking about the Class 4 microSDHC card?
Well it just works fine for me with the 1 gig kingston(not my own..).

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The M3 DS Real sucks!

Mine works perfectly and I've tested every "bad" ROM that people keep talking about.
same, everything works as it should for me, understandbly the menus are a tad slow, but considering the fact this card holds more features than the simply, its understandable
The menus don't seem to be slow at all to me, but that could be because I have a Class 6 Card.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The M3 DS Real sucks!

The menus don't seem to be slow at all to me, but that could be because I have a Class 6 Card.

So are we saying that the Real is a LOT more picky about the SD cards or is mine faulty?
Because like I said, the Castlevania video looks like a slideshow on my Real when i use either of my MicroSDs, yet runs perfectly on my Simply with the 2GB Sandisk. Obviously I can't try my 4GB Kingston in my Simply.

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think its the M3 DS REAL that is faulty(or just the way it is, not working properly).
Last week(still now) I wasnt able to replace GBA saves, because it was still loading old saves...
Now cheats doesnt work prolerly, when you select your cheatfile, it keeps loading the cheat.database and not my modified testing.xml.(Anywayz dont think I havent tried formating and etc., I have tried everything posible, still doesnt load cheat. and loads old gba saves...)
Anywayz, am gonna get rid of that crappy piece of... had enough of it.
It wasnt that bad at the beginning but....
Lets see my luck with Cyclo.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think its the M3 DS REAL that is faulty(or just the way it is, not working properly).
Last week(still now) I wasnt able to replace GBA saves, because it was still loading old saves...
Now cheats doesnt work prolerly, when you select your cheatfile, it keeps loading the cheat.database and not my modified testing.xml.(Anywayz dont think I havent tried formating and etc., I have tried everything posible, still doesnt load cheat. and loads old gba saves...)

I did some more tests with my Real and other games with the same type of video as Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow play the video fine.
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin and Di-Gata Defenders.
So maybe it just has issues with a couple of games and can be fixed with system updates, but I would say the Kingston microSD card is fine.

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In the meantime I do realize that my kingston is fine.
As I said, castlenavia is not the only problem I am having with M3DSR.
I never checked cheats(not properly) before. Now it seems that cheat works "Half". The same cheatcodes worked fine on the R4. What I mean by "half" is, I have some codes for Digimon World : Dusk/Dawn, that should give every digimon max apitude, but it only gives apitude 99 for first digimon in the team on M3DSR...

Anywayz, I dont want to discuss about that anymore, I wasted more than enough time with M3DSR...

thanks.

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it may be picky with microSD cards...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Which one?