Hacking Kingston 4 GB SDHC vs Sansdisk 4 GB SDHC

Big Green

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need something that'll work best with the acekard. I need something that won't corrupt and that reads fast.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the kingston card
sandisk seems to have problems with certain games like TWEWY, everyone Ive seen who had FMV crash had a sandisk card

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Kingston 4gb Class4 SDHC. Experiencing the TWEWY cutscene crash.

Kingston is better, if only marginally. Both of them suck without the Panasonic SDFormatter.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
a-data in my opion sucks really bad. their cards tend to die. they used to be descent quality but i have had problems with them lately. just use kingston and get the panasonic sd formatter and you should be good.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Buy the card locally from a bricks and mortar store if you want to be sure its decent.

I swear a good % of the ones sold online really cheap are fakes (from the official factories, cards that did not make the grade, packaged and sold anyway by dodgy people).

I've had no issues with my locally purchased 8GB Class 4 sandisk.
A 4GB kingston I purchased from DX was laggy as hell until formatted with the panasonic formatter. The MicroSD to SD adapter did not work also.

I guess when you save some $ online you are choosing to 'take the risk'.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Sandisk is a more well known brand. But keep in mind there are many other brands, all much cheaper than Sandisk which do the same job. A-data and Transcend for example.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ShAdOwFuRi said:
Sandisk is a more well known brand. But keep in mind there are many other brands, all much cheaper than Sandisk which do the same job. A-data and Transcend for example.
SanDisk may be well known, but I've only had problems with their memorycards. I've had general speed-issues with them and sometimes they even wiped themselves so all my data got lost. This may not be a big problem if you're using them for playing NDS games, but it certainly isn't nice at all. Hell, I lost more than 600+ photos when one of my SanDisk memorycards decided to wipe itself without a reason. And, yes I tried to rescue the data, but it was nowhere to be found.

Since then I've only used Kingston memorycards and I've never had any problems with them at all except for accidentally deleting some data by myself
shy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: