Truliche

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
I just got a DS and I'm about to order an R4, I would order a CycloDS but its nowhere to be found and most features were added to the R4 in the past months (like 100% DP compatibility).

I'm buying from mod-chip.com because it has worldwide shipping with UPS with a 2 days estimate. The only question now is whether I should get a Kingston or Sandisk? They both cost the same, are there any advantages and disadvantages? Are they just the same.

BTW, I do plan to play PoR but beyond that what worries me is that if a card has troubles with one game it could potentially have trouble with another to be released game so which of the brands is absolutely fail-free?

Thanks a lot for your help.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sandisk can play Castlevania. Kingston can't; it freezes. Therefore, buy Sandisk.

Or Toshiba. I dunno if PoR freezes on any card other than Kingston.

All the 2GB cards on the market right now freeze to a certain extent. Sandisk does it the most, while the Toshiba/Kingston Japanese does it rarely.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i thought sandisk is worse than kingston. at least it definitely is in the 1gbyte range.

edit: kingstons made in japan i should specify.

Truliche

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sandisk can play Castlevania. Kingston can't; it freezes. Therefore, buy Sandisk.

Or Toshiba. I dunno if PoR freezes on any card other than Kingston.

All the 2GB cards on the market right now freeze to a certain extent. Sandisk does it the most, while the Toshiba/Kingston Japanese does it rarely.

I see. Then I may just get the Kingston.

Do 1GB cards not suffer from this problems?

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
duh_Garfield.jpg

Go for the Kingston. Cuz after all, it's the king of tons of... stuff.... Wow, that was lame.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
duh_Garfield.jpg

Go for the Kingston. Cuz after all, it's the king of tons of... stuff.... Wow, that was lame.

Don't be such a douche. That garfield picture implies that the kingston Taiwan micro sd's do indeed work. Don't go spouting random bullshit when you don't know what you're talking about.

Kingstons and Toshibas made in Japan are the best. Kingston is just a Toshiba with a different name slapped on it. However, the ones made in Taiwan are for some reason really shitty.

so don't be such a know-it-all fucktard. The rest of us learned that in kindergarten.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Yes.