Hacking Kingston 2GB MicroSD made in Taiwan. Does it have performance issues?

Eggman32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently bought a Kingston 2GB microSD off ebay and it was marked japan in the picture and the seller said it was made in japan. when i opened it up I saw I got a Taiwan made one. I know that taiwan cards are usually worse quality than japan ones. I want to know if this one will be ok with most games, does anyone have a 2gb kingston taiwan? its been working so far with the games ive downloaded but i want to know if i should send it back. Also ive noticed slow write speeds, sometimes less than 1mbps. Thanks for the help.

Eggman32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran the HD tach speed test and it got like 8.6mbps average read and 2.8ms random access. The write speed seems unbearably slow though, it is sometimes below 100kbps. Is this defective? Im thinking of sending it back. Can anyone tell me if these specs are ok though? All the roms I've played so far have worked.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eggman32 said:
I ran the HD tach speed test and it got like 8.6mbps average read and 2.8ms random access. The write speed seems unbearably slow though, it is sometimes below 100kbps. Is this defective? Im thinking of sending it back. Can anyone tell me if these specs are ok though? All the roms I've played so far have worked.

2.8m should be normal.

Also, Made in Taiwan doesn't usually worse than Made in Japan one, my experience is Made in Taiwan usually have higher quality and low rate DOA/Defective chance than any other country that makes it, especially compare to China.
PS: Consider Taiwan is a silicon island, which everyone's GPU and any other computer hardware is design and made from the country.

I have 3 MicroSD atm, Made in China (SanDisk), Made in Japan(Kingston), Made in Taiwan (SanDisk), the one that is made in Taiwan have the highest speed overall and perform more stable than my other cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome