kingston 2 gb sd card not working

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Chemeleon, May 27, 2008.

May 27, 2008
  1. Chemeleon
    OP

Newcomer Chemeleon Member

Australia
    g'day friends, as i mentioned in my introduction, i have a problem with my Kingston 2gb sd card that i was using in my cyclo DS, ok , lol, let me explain, because im a bit shit when it comes to this kinda stuff, but i made a folder in the sd cards directory by accident, and there was also another file in the cards directory called something like "...." , anyway i was getting annoyed with always seeing the folder sitting in my games directory, and they weren't deleting off the sd card on my mac or pc, it was coming up with unreadable i think, (i actually couldnt delete anything off the sd card in os x) but anyway, it came up with an option on my pc to format the sd card, so i thought it might just kinda clean it out and start it fresh, so i formatted it, big mistake, lol, once i did that, removed the sd usb reader and put it back in it didnt read the sd at all, it confirmed a sd usb reader was in but not the sd card, and same on the mac, now its as though its a ghost, im so sorry to bore you with this, but if anyone could help or give me an idea i would love that!!! [​IMG][​IMG]
    thanks heaps mates! [​IMG]

2. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    try reformatting the sd card and make sure that you format the sd card fat or fat32. (you shouldn't be able to format it ntfs). make sure that your pc recognizes it after formatting (otherwise, you may have a bad micro sd card).

after formatting it, copy the required os files (the firmware) back onto it and then see if you can get it to boot from you ds when you put it back into the cyclo ds.

3. Omoikane1979

Member Omoikane1979 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Do you have any other computers at home? If so you could try and see if it gets recognized correctly. I don't know any other good solutions, but in the future you could use the command prompt to delete a file which can't be deleted in the GUI OS (at least that is what I do when I encounter such files, although I'm not sure if a Mac has it).

4. Chemeleon
    OP

Australia
    thanx heaps for the advice, but both my mac and pc dont even read that theres an sd card in to even start formatting!

5. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You could try putting the card in a different device, such as a camera or a phone, and try to reformat through that. Some people have reported success with that method.

6. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I had the same issue with a 4Gb Kingston. I ended up calling the warranties number that came with the SD. They verified it was an authentic card, got me to do a test decided it was corrupt. They gave me a a reference number and another number to call (In Australia). I called them and they referred me to their web site. I filled in the details on the website and received an e-mail with further instructions stating to return it to them with that e-mail and they would then do a test and if it wa sfaulty then they would send out a replacement card.

I am yet to receive my replacement card but will be following up with the company tomorrow to see where things are at with my replacement. Kingston offer a lifetime warranty with their cards - though I am not 100% sure what lifetime includes [​IMG]

I hope that helps to at least get it replaced if it is corrupted.

7. Chemeleon
    OP

Australia
    i tried putting it in a phone and camera but it pops saying, "memory card error" and the format option isnt available, thanx for takin the time mate!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Chemeleon
    OP

Australia

I think this might be the way to go, I got mine in a package deal from Ozmodchips with a cyclo so i dont think the warranty number was in it because it wasnt fully pakaged. Hey mate if u can could u give me the warranty number u called?
    thanx heaps mate, ur a legend!!!!!