Hacking Kingston 2 GB Micro SD for 14.95 - Shipped!

Nintendo4ever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured I would share this with you since the R4 requires a micro SD card in order to work. Before anything, I recently set up an order with Divineo and got air mail so I expect to see my R4... eventually. Anyway, I figured future/current R4 owners might like this deal, this is a Kingston 2 GB micro SD card w/ Full size SD card adapter.

If you use Google Checkout, you can get $10 of your total order and if you like waiting, you can get free shipping (7-8 days) as well making that a total of $14.95 Shipped! I got my for $12.95 shipped, but they recently jacked up the price for it but is still an awesome deal nonetheless.

http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-2gb-micro.../204511744.html

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering that.
What is so bad about the chinese ones?
Are they defective?
The Taiwanese and Chinese manufactured versions typically offer slower read & write rates across the board when compared to the Japanese manufactured ones. They're not technically defective they just don't perform as well. Some folks get real hellbent on benchmarking their cards to see if they have the fastest rates possible but IMHO that's a bit excessive. There are really only a very few ROMs that experience problems on the slower cards.

Also know that read rates decline as capacity increases so, when it comes to speed 1 GB JAP > 1GB TAIWAN > 2GB JAP

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen a 2gb kingston made in taiwan. Btw this is a real good deal especially since you know you'll get a genuine kingston product and if it does say made in japan on it, then u know that's where it is made. I doubt it is taiwan.

Nintendo4ever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering that.
Are they defective?

The Taiwanese and Chinese manufactured versions typically offer slower read & write rates across the board when compared to the Japanese manufactured ones. They're not technically defective they just don't perform as well. Some folks get real hellbent on benchmarking their cards to see if they have the fastest rates possible but IMHO that's a bit excessive. There are really only a very few ROMs that experience problems on the slower cards.

Also know that read rates decline as capacity increases so, when it comes to speed 1 GB JAP > 1GB TAIWAN > 2GB JAP

Nice to hear that... it almost sounded like my card was total trash, but now at least I know it will work.

RockingDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering that.
Are they defective?

Nice to hear that... it almost sounded like my card was total trash, but now at least I know it will work.

Mmm... there are taiwan 2gb kingstons, and not only that, the 2gb jap kingston is the fastest there is, hearing up to 19.8 mb/s read and .8 or less access.

Nintendo4ever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to Scorpei's wiki, the Taiwanese Kingston might freeze in Castlevania: PoR. Besides that, it seems to be great with all games so it's a good deal nevertheless.

Well then, it sounds like i'll either get the uber fast japan one or the pretty good taiwan one. I'll make sure to take a pic of it to show which one it is. Regardless guys, get this deal while it lasts! Its price did go up 3 dollars in the past week so it must be selling fast!

Nintendo4ever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HPIM02371024x7681024x768.jpg

Just received the micro SD card in the mail today!

HPIM02401024x7681024x768.jpg

On the back, theres a sticker saying where it was assembled in... wait... THATS NOT CHINA OR TAIWAN.

Untitled-11024x768P.jpg

ITS MADE IN JAPAN. So what are you all waiting for? Go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: