Hacking Kingston 1GB MicroSD Taiwan Brand

Haruspex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So i found this microsd on a local store and it's cheap (10 Euros) and i am thinking of buying it.

My question is if this microsd is good for the M3 DS Simply/R4. I know that the best microsd is the Kingston Made In Japan but it seems that this one it's made in Taiwan (although i am not 100% sure).

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't do it! The Taiwan ones have horrid performance which will result it bad results. I suggest getting the 2GB Jap version, which has the best performance of them all. You can also get the Toshiba brand as it is the same device under another brand name. You can read over 11 microSD performance reviews on the site in my sig.

Enjoy,

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bran have you tested the new Sandisk Premier
smile.gif
? Somebody posted it here before, and it seemed much slower than what the Toshiba 2GB can deliver

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be updating the review probably tomorrow sometime so be sure to check moddz. I had some family come this weekend which is why it was delayed just a bit.

But if it has the same performance as the Ultra II then we are all in for a treat! It would be like the Kingston/Toshiba Jap version but with double the write speed! *crosses fingers*

FifthE1ement
grog.gif

Haruspex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok thanks for the reply. I read your comparison review FifthE1ement. Unfortunately i can't find the Sandisk Ultra II on any local stores. However i find the normal Sandisk 1GB and also the Transcend 1GB yes i know this is one isn't in your comparison review but i heard that it's a decent microsd.

To sort it i have these 2 choices.

1)Get a normal Sandisk 1GB for 15 Euros
2)Get a Transcend 1GB for 15 Euros

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things