Kingston 1gb MicroSD (Japanese) in the UK

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by smelialic, Jun 25, 2007.

Jun 25, 2007
  1. smelialic
    OP

Newcomer smelialic Newbie

The topic and description say it all really, are there any other reliable, speedy stores other than ebuyer that sell the Kingston 1gb MicroSD at a decent price?

I ask for this particular card (and the Japanese rather than Taiwanese manufactured version) as the consensus appears to be that this is the best micro SD card.

2. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
  3. krystaldark

Newcomer krystaldark Newbie

United Kingdom
    http://www.addictsupplies.com/

This site separates their Kingstons into Japan and Taiwan cards, actually at different prices too. I ordered one after searching everywhere and it arrived really fast too. I had a useless CycloDS for long!

The only thing is, and I wonder if this is the same with all cards, it says Made in Japan, and then in Chinese characters below it says Assembled in China. Bit of a trick, as you'd only know this if you can read Chinese.

4. 111111111

Member 111111111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Zimbabwe
    http://www.picstop.co.uk/Micro-SD---TransFlash have always been good for me, fast and cheap. They have toshiba 1gb cards (which are the original mnfr - kingston just rebadge toshiba cards for the made in japan ones) for £8 delivered. Kingston are £1 less (email to make sure they are japanese first though, they were when I last ordered but could be taiwanese now).

5. mcp2

Member mcp2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    The parts were probably made in Japan and then shipped to China for cheap labour.