Hacking Kingston 1GB Micro SD card $11 + FREE SHIPPING!!!

rippon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got four Kingston 1gigs, two from japan and two from taiwan. It seemed to be totally random which I got, but they all seem to perform exactly the same, PoR and all. I wouldn't worry about it.

vanisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought from there, got the Taiwan card and they are not responding to any emails.

I asked before I bought if it was Japan made and not Taiwan made and they LIED to me.

Beware their shoddy customer service.
lecture.gif

vanisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got four Kingston 1gigs, two from japan and two from taiwan. It seemed to be totally random which I got, but they all seem to perform exactly the same, PoR and all. I wouldn't worry about it.

I got 1 Japan and 1 Taiwan...they both work fine. Tried PoR and Tony Hawk on the Taiwan, no problems so far.

Spam hitting start/select when you get to a shop, or keep spamming a/b/x/y when you are in the dialog screens. It will crash, guaranteed with the Taiwan version.
hate2.gif

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got four Kingston 1gigs, two from japan and two from taiwan.  It seemed to be totally random which I got, but they all seem to perform exactly the same, PoR and all.  I wouldn't worry about it.

I got 1 Japan and 1 Taiwan...they both work fine. Tried PoR and Tony Hawk on the Taiwan, no problems so far.

Spam hitting start/select when you get to a shop, or keep spamming a/b/x/y when you are in the dialog screens. It will crash, guaranteed with the Taiwan version.
hate2.gif

I'll try that later tonight....but would I ever do that in a real game? lol
smile.gif

vanisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got four Kingston 1gigs, two from japan and two from taiwan. It seemed to be totally random which I got, but they all seem to perform exactly the same, PoR and all. I wouldn't worry about it.

hate2.gif

I'll try that later tonight....but would I ever do that in a real game? lol
smile.gif

Actually yea, if you are sick of reading text. I actually noticed it happening to me a lot at the shops. I tend to read the text.
smile.gif

stonefry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought from there, got the Taiwan card and they are not responding to any emails.

I asked before I bought if it was Japan made and not Taiwan made and they LIED to me.

Beware their shoddy customer service.
lecture.gif

If people keep complaining about which country their card is made in, they are going to raise the price.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the shops can order the Japanese or Taiwanese versions of this card separately. When they order Kingston 1GB MicroSD they get one or the other or a mix. Some smaller shops have had only Japanese versions but I think that is only because their volume is low and they got lucky when they got their shipment. If they did come on separate sku's you know NewEgg would be selling them that way.

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got four Kingston 1gigs, two from japan and two from taiwan.  It seemed to be totally random which I got, but they all seem to perform exactly the same, PoR and all.  I wouldn't worry about it.

hate2.gif

OK....my Taiwan did freeze in PoR...I was spamming buttons at the entrance to one of the pictures.

unkadean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I received my MicroSD and it was from Taiwan. I tried it a bit with Castelvania POR and it crashed once when pressing the Start button in a save area. I turned it off and turned it back on and tried doing the same thing again in the same room. No crashes were encountered when pressing the Start and Select buttons multiple times. I guess it's one of those things where it will happen randomly. But for the price of the card it is a bargain. I might buy another brand if I feel I cannot play my other games.
wink.gif

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought two, got one Jap one Taiwan... the taiwan card will end up in my cellphone most likely, or perhaps ill use it to store movies on for use with moonshell and carry it along with me...

(i bought 2 cause i bought an r4 as a gift for someone also, but i wont gift it with shitty memory)

stonefry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone from southern cali order from these guys? how long did it take?

I am in central valley Cal. Ordered last Friday and received them the following Friday (today). But there was a holiday weekend in there, so I guess it could have gotten here quicker.

Just checked the package and it shipped from City of Industry, so they are a lot closer to you.

BTW, got one Japanese and one Taiwan
unsure.gif

jmilow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I went to Future Shop today to see what kind of Kingston 1GB microSD cards they are selling. I notice it says "Assembled in Japan" on the package. Is that what it says on those who claimed their cards are made in Japan?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm