Hacking Translation King's Field Additional I & II ENG translation project - looking for people with psp rom hacking skills

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This project idea is dead to lack of interest in people want to actually join the project. Sorry but shit happens :(

Would anyone with psp rom hacking skills or anyone that know Japanese be willing to to join me to make an English translation for King's Field: Additional I & II. My role in the project would be as a Project Lead, graphic designer, and proof reader.

What is Kings Field?
King's Field (Japanese: キングスフィールド) is a first person dungeon crawling RPG series developed by FromSoftware.

Only 4 out of the 6 King's field games have been translated into English and I would like to form a group to translate the last 2 games in the series. Those games are
  • King's Field: Additional I
  • King's Field: Additional II
I would like to translate these so fans of King's Field can play the last two games in the series. So If you are interested then please reply to this thread or PM me. :)

0565-Kings_Field_Additional_II_JPN_PSP-Caravan.jpg
0513-Kings_Field_Additional_I_JPN_PSP-DMU.jpg

Gameplay Videos

Last edited by 6Kyojin4,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wish you luck with your project, and hope someone with the right technical skills will help you out. :wink:
I played King's Field 2 and Shadow Tower (a sort of spin off) for psx, and I was won over and captivated by them, despite the slow gameplay and their extreme difficulty. Unfortunately I have no hacking knowledge but I could gladly be a motivator, supporter and (as a psp 3004 owner) beta-tester, time permitting. :)

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish you luck with your project, and hope someone with the right technical skills will help you out. :wink:
I played King's Field 2 and Shadow Tower (a sort of spin off) for psx, and I was won over and captivated by them, despite the slow gameplay and their extreme difficulty. Unfortunately I have no hacking knowledge but I could gladly be a motivator, supporter and (as a psp 3004 owner) beta-tester, time permitting. :)
Thanks for the encouragement :).

Hopefully I can get people to join so that this project can get started

Reactions: Nikokaro

Gil_Unx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Files in the game King Field 1
encrypted using Aes encryption.

I'm not sure the key and ivec of each file are the same,
Code:
b'\x8D\x5A\xB5\x6A\xE7\xCC\xDA\xE9\x4D\x01\x4C\x43\xBE\x36\xEA\x65'
b'\xF5\xBB\x69\x0D\x05\xA2\xAE\x93\xB9\xFB\x84\xAA\xE8\x4F\x23\x3A'
b'\x36\xC9\x2E\x63\xA8\x7C\x05\x4B\x8C\x2A\xAB\x1A\xA8\x4F\x15\xEA'
b'\x2C\xE2\x8F\xCA\x43\x88\x1A\xF1\xB5\xBA\x2A\x0E\xB7\xE9\x3C\x39'
there may be several combinations.

I've looked at the contents of main.dat

this is the python script to extract,
some files in main.dat
Python:
from Crypto.Cipher import AES
import struct,io,os

key  = b'\x8D\x5A\xB5\x6A\xE7\xCC\xDA\xE9\x4D\x01\x4C\x43\xBE\x36\xEA\x65'
ivec = b'\x36\xC9\x2E\x63\xA8\x7C\x05\x4B\x8C\x2A\xAB\x1A\xA8\x4F\x15\xEA'
aes = AES.new(key, AES.MODE_CBC, ivec)

maindat = open("main.dat","rb")
os.makedirs(os.path.dirname("./main_unpack"), exist_ok=True)

unk = maindat.read(0x10)
hdr = aes.decrypt(maindat.read(0x1fe810))
output = open("main_unpack/0000_hdr.bin","wb").write(hdr)

hdr = io.BytesIO(hdr)
hdr.seek(0x6b110)
for i in range(110):
    size,id,offset,null = struct.unpack("<IIII",hdr.read(0x10))
    maindat.seek(offset,0)
    buffer = aes.decrypt(maindat.read(size))
    output = open("main_unpack/{0:04d}.bin".format(i),"wb").write(buffer)
    print("extract: main_unpack/{0:04d}.bin".format(i))

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posting in here offering my well wishes to such a project. You'd figure with the success of From's dark fantasy games that it would be enough to get this translated a while ago, given King's Field 1, Shadow Tower Abyss, and even a Japan-only demo that was a prologue to King's Field III all got taken care of.

Yaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You'd figure with the success of From's dark fantasy games that it would be enough to get this translated a while ago
In my sad experience, 90% of souls fanbase never pose much interest in FromSoftware older games :(

As for KF Additional, afaik From made very strong protection that prevented romhacking of it for some reason.

Yaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Idk, man, it might take 3-5 years to find an interested romhacker to complement your language skills because how niche game is. Though idk if you ever reached more broad "pools" to get more people even aware of your proposal.

One forum, even such big and known as gbatemp, aint enough.

imjecht

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is so unfortunate. lots of people have been asking me if theres a translated ver of these games (i create kf content). its sad to see that someone wanted to and it just never came to be :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Pachee @ Pachee: I regret not buying the second game, it was a good expansion.