Daemos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My bad...I never check the R4 section.

Oh didn't know the HC had anything to do with it, I assumed it was still based on the SD standards...just the HC meaning high capacity, not a whole new standard
frown.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From Wikipedia:
QUOTE said:
SD and SDHC - compatibility

A new SD format, SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity), allows capacities in excess of 2GB (4GB to 32GB)[5]. SDHC uses the same form factor as SD, but the SD 2.0 standard in SDHC uses a different memory addressing method (sector addressing vs byte addressing[6]).

The following compatibility issues between SD and SDHC cards and devices can arise:

* Devices that do not specifically support SD2.0/SDHC do not recognize SDHC memory cards.
  * Some manufacturers have produced 4GB SD cards that do not conform to the SD2.0/SDHC and are incompatible with existing SD devices, and are also incompatible with SDHC devices[citation needed].

As of late 2006, the simultaneous availability of non-standard 4GB SD and 4GB SDHC cards, and the incompatibilities between SD and SDHC have caused a great deal of confusion among consumers looking to buy memory for various devices.

4GB SDHC cards can only work with SDHC compatible host devices. The SDHC logo is supposed to ensure compatibility.

SDHC readers and other devices are supposed to be backwards compatible with SD cards.

SDHC cards have SD Speed Class Ratings defined by the SD Association. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum sustained write speed for SDHC cards:

* Class 2: 2 MB/s
  * Class 4: 4 MB/s
  * Class 6: 6 MB/s

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The price will probably be around like, $70-$100...on a place like Newegg. Plus, it won't work with a lot of the things you might buy a TF card for, so what's the point?

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That would be so nice for the G6DS Real if it takes Micro SD's YES 4GB Micro SD
Uh, G6s don't use external memory. That's what differentiates them from M3s...duhz.
I doubt that the team would go to the extra effort (not to mention driving up the price of the M3 Real) to make the Real compatible with these cards.

DShunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously why would you need 4GB if you use it just for some homebrew and DS games? most DS games barely takes up 128MB in space. A 1GB is already sufficent for most needs even for heavy duty users and a 2GB is already more than enough. Also I willing to bet the DS battery will be over before you can even fully ultilize all contents on a 2 or 4GB card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1