Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded DS off-screen trailer

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by granville, Jun 19, 2010.

Jun 19, 2010
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    E3 had several new Kingdom Hearts games to show to American audiences. One in particular is Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded for the Nintendo DS (the old one, not the new 3DS). It is a remake of Kingdom Hearts Coded, a Japanese exclusive cell phone game which was originally released in episodic format. Here's some offscreen footage of the trailer shown off at E3 this year, the only currently available footage unfortunately-

This game takes place after Kingdom Hearts 2, immediately after it ends. The journal used to record events happening in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 is exhibiting strange messages that Jimminy Cricket never recalls recording. To solve the mystery of this, they use a data projection of Sora as he appears in KH1 and have him explore the memories of the journal. May seem simple, but it brings up new questions and answers a few others, and it unravels the mystery of the strange message that appeared in the journal that no one recalls writing "we must return to free them from their torment".

In the Nintendo DS remake, the graphics are now fully 3D (polygonal kind, not the new effect), the cell phone was a mixture of 2D sprite characters and 3D-polygonal environments. It appears to be using the engine from the previous DS KH game 358/2 Days, which makes sense considering the DS remake is being done by h.a.n.d. who made Days. There are also some elements from the PSP game Birth By Sleep, such as the new deck command menu where you select your actions in game. The entire experience is streamlined and looks to play a lot better than the original Coded.

No date has yet been announced for the US, and we're unsure if this remake will hit Japan, it was specifically revealed for English speaking audiences. There is a good chance it will release sometime near the end of the year though. [/p]

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=127427

2. Giratina3

Member Giratina3 Official Lilac of GBATemp

United Kingdom
    looks good, getting this when its out [​IMG]

3. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Awesome! I can't wait until it's released! More DS games to play [​IMG]

4. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    Do want! And fast too!

5. JNDS02

Newcomer JNDS02 Member

United States
    Can't wait till it answers my questions and brings up new questions that need to be solved. Way to go Square Enix!

6. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    It kinda looks like there'll be some take-turn/side-scrolling battle sequences.

7. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Looks good. I just wish the camera guys hands weren't so twitchy.

8. powerking56

Newcomer powerking56 Advanced Member

Canada
    I have one question that I think many people are over-looking. Why is it that despite being a game after Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora is wearing clothes from Kingdom Hearts 1? The game itself is only in pre-alpha stages I believe and so showing this game this early without even being able to polish up a trailer says a lot. I really am looking forward to this game seeing as how well h.a.n.d did with Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days but I do hope they modify the game a lot as I'm slightly unimpressed at the time.

9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    While the game takes place after KH2 it really takes place around like 1 or something. It's like if you read Catcher in the Rye, everything that's in the story is told after it's all happened (since Holden is just retelling the story).

10. Zeroneo

Member Zeroneo GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    That's Data Sora who was created based on KH1 data to help King Mickey & co. to get rid of bugs in the Journal.

Edit: Need to be faster.

11. powerking56

Newcomer powerking56 Advanced Member

Canada
    Yea I get that now. But in the trailer it shows even before the data projection he's wearing the KH1 clothing.

12. Giratina3

Member Giratina3 Official Lilac of GBATemp

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    You might not know this... but if you do... there is a very clear conclusion to this.
    The sora you see... is not sora at all. It is infact... a data replica of him.
    AKA - Data Sora, the main protagonist of coded, he is set to explore the worlds and fix them because of these bugblocks.

If there is no other explaination then this is the only conclusion that you can bring up. Powerking56!

[lol epic phoenix wrightness]