Kingdom Hearts III confirmed for 2018, gets Toy Story trailer

The long awaited next entry in the Kingdom Hearts series has received another trailer, a month after Square Enix posted the Orchestra trailer for E3 2017. The new trailer confirms that the game will launch in 2018, and that it will feature a Toy Story world.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's been years and dozens of games that have come out before this post. This would have been more effective to say right after the first game.
I was pretty consistent in my dislike of KH. It's a shame that Squeenix is syphoning great gameplay mechanics into their most repugnant franchise while they're releasing one incomprehensibly awful Final Fantasy after the other.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was pretty consistent in my dislike of KH. It's a shame that Squeenix is syphoning great gameplay mechanics into their most repugnant franchise while they're releasing one incomprehensibly awful Final Fantasy after the other.
I have been so behind on Final Fantasy games. I haven't played since the fourth one and I really thought XV was awesome. What happened to it?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have been so behind on Final Fantasy games. I haven't played since the fourth one and I really thought XV was awesome. What happened to it?
In my eyes the series has been on a steady downward slope ever since Final Fantasy VII (yes, sacrilege! How dare I?) and began focusing on emo bois and whiny gurls at the cost of plot consistency and gameplay, culminating with the gaming abortion called Final Fantasy XIII, also known as the Final Hallway, a game that played itself set on rails that sacrificed every bit of freedom the player should have in an RPG for the sake of telling a poor and confusing story. There are a few notable titles released in that period that remain true to the original spirit of the series, meaning a fantasy adventure focused around the heroes pursuing a consistent goal, but they're outliers. Even XV, which on the surface appears to be competent gameplay-wise, still focuses on what amounts to an emo band in a limo. That's not what I call a fun fantasy adventure, that's Green Day's world tour. That being said, I reserve my judgement on that installment until I actually play it.

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what got me excited about this game? Kingdom Hearts 2.8 The final chapters. It has that 0.2 on there which is fun to play.... even though is short, but it teases just how good KH 3 could be when is released.

You know what got me disappointed about the game? Kingdom Hearts 2.8 The final Chapters. With more story comes more confusion. That hour long movie looks great but i suppose since I never played that mobile game, I dunno what the heck is about.

You know what got me regretting buying Kingdom Hearts 2.8 The final chapters? I paid $60 Is just a 1080P 60FPS 3DS game, a better more enjoyable game with Unreal engine 4 but too short (KH 0.2) and a 1 hour movie that looks just as good as KH 0.2 and probably promises to be just as confusing.

That compilation is not worth $60 especially if you have the 3DS game. :wtf:

Honestly I am excited about KH 3 after playing KH 0.2, but they could have made that maybe a small low price downloadable or (Demo at best) and KH DDD could have been $20 download title, and what is with them not making the mobile games playable? 2 NDS games that are just a story compilation instead of a playable game, why? Is relevant enough to include but not play, and compared to Chain of memories which was a GBA game first before PS2 game, and a PSP game that is also mobile game, still had more priority to be a full playable game than the NDS games. :blink:

echo709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love KH, and I love Toy Story... but for some reason I just don't think the two will mix well together... idk, here's hoping I'm completely wrong!

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Release date, 2018+2.
I get that reference (coughcough 358/2 days cough oiffff)
So anybody else notice that you can have more than 3 characters in battle party now?
YES. Lot's a' people in fact. And I guess you gonna need them.
It looks graphically too advanced for the Switch.
If they do port it, the looks GONNA SUFFER. Hopefully they do preserve gameplay and don't pull a EA too.
When Mario Odyssey needs to be downgraded to meet some standards that alone shows the Switch won't run KH3 without taking some hits.
indeed.
People are implacable and unreasonably demanding Nintendo to bend over and obey their every demand. Console has to have X specs, console has to have X resolution, blah blah blah. People are hardware/graphics whores, they should enjoy the bloody games.
We are humans, WHAT do you expected? Hugs?
The only reason I like the game it's because gameplay and music. I still don't know what the titular kingdom hearts is and played I and II.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that reference (coughcough 358/2 days cough oiffff)

YES. Lot's a' people in fact. And I guess you gonna need them.

If they do port it, the looks GONNA SUFFER. Hopefully they do preserve gameplay and don't pull a EA too.

indeed.

We are humans, WHAT do you expected? Hugs?

The only reason I like the game it's because gameplay and music. I still don't know what the titular kingdom hearts is and played I and II.

Hugs are good lol, but I expect people to have some restraint.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Xabring

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hugs are good lol, but I expect people to have some restraint.
well, here's a hug
hug.gif

but SERIOUSLY, it's easier to complain than compliment these days. ANYWAY, back to topic, it is so bonkers that Digital foundry COMPARED the trailer woody to the movies ones.
sometimes I don't know if these are games or elaborate interactive movies these days.

Last edited by Xabring,
Reactions: the_randomizer
S

Saiyan Lusitano

well, here's a hug
hug.gif

but SERIOUSLY, it's easier to complain than compliment these days. ANYWAY, back to topic, it is so bonkers that Digital foundry COMPARED the trailer woody to the movies ones.
sometimes I don't know if these are games or elaborate interactive movies these days.

This is gold. I can't wait for Toy Story 4 but I just hope it's not as dark as the third.

Reactions: Xabring

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0