Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Coming to PS3 This Fall

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Ryupower, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Ryupower
    OP

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Wow, really? I can barely contain my apathy!

GameWinner, Densetsu, nando and 2 others like this.
  3. Crystal the Glaceon

Crystal the Glaceon GBATemp's Wolfdog™ The saint of all the sinners

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    That's cool, how about finishing KH3 instead of wasting my time with the remakes! >.<

BAHIM Z 360 likes this.
  4. Foxhounder

Foxhounder Banned

Banned
    Jan 20, 2013
    United States
    Its the final mix version as well, for the first time! Wish I had a PS3 :/

5. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    You DO know that is not the same developer, right? You should say, "How about finishing FF Versus XIII and getting started on KH3 instead of wasting my time with remakes". Then again, I'm sure some here will argue that you're wasting your time either way.

I hope this makes it to PS+ some day though. It's not something I would buy, but I wouldn't mind it for free.

6. Alato

Alato GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2008
    Canada
    I can't wait to get my hands on the Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Expansion Pack Plus Limited Platinum Edition Box set!

Remember when it was Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2?

7. GHANMI

GHANMI GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2012
    At least this is the first time Final Mix content is being officially exported outside Japan (Re:Chain of Memories nonwithstanding) :)
    Hope they'll get around to do the second game one and BBS one (but doubt it since Sony is so anal with letting companies export PSP to PS3 ports, see Capcom Monster Hunter 3) before the PS4 kicks in.
    Or you know, FF XII International Zodiac System for the non-JP PSN, but that's just wishful thinking

8. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I love me some mediocrity.

Forstride and The Catboy like this.
  9. Foxhounder

Foxhounder Banned

Banned
    Jan 20, 2013
    United States
    MH3 has been ported several times, Wii, 3DS and PS3...just with added content each time.

10. Crystal the Glaceon

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Honestly I just want they to finish Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy already. Squire Enix has done a great job running both franchises into the dirt and really they just need to be put out of their misery already.

EZ-Megaman and BAHIM Z 360 like this.
  11. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    I'll possibly get it, but I really do hope they update the gameplay closer to the KH2 version. Still not going to pre-order or anything like that, since the game is essentially the same as the original game for the PS2.

12. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I dunno, according to a preview I read Lightning Returns is supposed to be really good. Kingdom Hearts... Well, they should put the story out of its misery at least. It's gotten to the point where pretty much no one understands it any more and things that are supposed to be answers just bring up more questions. They won't "finish" either though, not until they don't sell any more at least.
    I'm not that interested in this 1.5 game, but if they ever release a 2.5 with KH2:FM HD and BBS:FM HD, I could see myself buying that. It's probably not going to happen though.

13. Foxhounder

Foxhounder Banned

Banned
    Jan 20, 2013
    United States
    But Nomura did say there will be a 2.5. Whether or not BBS is included remains to be unseen though I don't see why not.

KH2 Final Mix
    BBS Final Mix
    Re:Coded HD theater

14. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    The thing is BBS is a proper long KH game that they could easily turn into a 0.5 or something. Since SE likes money, I doubt they will include both games in one collection. But if they will, I will probably buy it.

15. Crystal the Glaceon

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    I rarely trust reviews nowadays, but that's besides the point. Squire Enix has been beating Kingdom Hearts to death, I was huge fan back in the day and really enjoyed the games, but at this point it's over stayed it's welcome. They just keep remaking it and trying to retell the same story over and over again, but break it each time. What they really need to do is just make the last game and finish it there. Just quit well they are still ahead and the games still have fans. Because if they keep going down this path, by the time they do want to finish the games, no one will give a damn.

16. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    Oh hooray. I'm so excited. And by excited, I mean I would rather scoop my own eyes out with a rusty grapefruit spoon.

Densetsu, Forstride, Qtis and 2 others like this.
  17. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    I was hoping this shit would stay away from my shores.

18. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    +1

19. Riyaz

Riyaz Black Ace/Red Joker

Jun 21, 2011
    Netherlands
    everywhere
    instant buy. I love the kh story :D

20. ilman

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    Well, I liked the first one. If I had a PS3 instead of a laptop capable of emulating my original copy with 4xAA, I'd buy it. And to those who say KHs' story is too complicated, I'd say that they haven't played all the games. After all, the last 2 games almost had almost no story (Re:Coded being KH 1 DS with a new story which is hardly necessary and DDD, which is only Sora and Riku taking a test). And SE said somewhere(don't remember where), that KH3 will answer all our questions with the story.