Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Gamescom Trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new PSP Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep was at Gamescom and with it brought a new English trailer with 7+ minutes of action and cutscenes. Have a look at how the English version is shaping up-

To keep it short, this is again a prequel to Kingdom Hearts 1, happening 10 years before the original. You play as 3 keyblade wielders who are trying to uncover a dark mystery surrounding a missing keyblade master Xehanort, a masked boy in black named Vanitas, and strange new hostile creatures named the Unversed. Terra, Aqua, and Ven set out on a journey to try to set the worlds back into balance. You will come across many familiar faces from Disney history, one character from Final Fantasy, and some key characters from the rest of the Kingdom Hearts series as they appeared before the rest of the games. The three keyblade wielding friends are not without their own problems however. Terra is being manipulated by darkness, Ven has a mysterious past, and Aqua is key to the friendship's circle.

In the trailer, you may notice another key thing exclusive to the US version of Birth By Sleep- a brand new mysterious boss. He's wearing a black coat- the trademark of Organization 13 (though this is years before the Organization was formed apparently). And he's dual wielding two blue energy swords backwards. Kingdom Hearts 2 character (and head of Organization 13) Xemnas is known for wielding 2 beams of energy quite similar to these. As for the change of color and wielding style, who knows? Roxas also wields two weapons (two keyblades) and although Ven only holds a single keyblade, he wields it backwards. This brand new character is intended to connect to other games and most definitely has a connection to one or more current characters in the series. He's also supposedly extremely strong and hard to beat (and from the looks of the trailer, that is a sure thing). [/p]

So there you have it. Voice acting seems to be going great so far. Majority of the characters sound very cool. This is apparently going to be the final trailer of the game before it is released in America on September 10th. Shaping up to be a great entry in the ever-growing Kingdom Hearts series! Now onto Re:Coded, and later, 3DS!
biggrin.gif

Source- Siliconera

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I love how they show a ton of the new secret boss fight!
Can't wait, too bad I probably won't play much when it's released since I'm having the equivalent of finals on October so I'll probably be studying a lot.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually already spoiled this game for myself lol! But it will be nice to hear all the English voices. They got a lot of famous voices such as Leonard Nimoy for Master Xehanort and Mark Hamill for Master Erauqs. The game itself looks like the most refined versions of the gameplay to date. The story is really well constructed too, and it ties into the plot of the sequels really gracefully. And unlike some of the other games in the series, each world you visit has an important purpose in the story. None of the worlds are useless filler like some of the other games in the series.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Voices are decent.
Axel sounds different.
Terra sounds less manly compared to his Japanese voice
Some of the lines are quite cheesy.
Xenahnort (or however you spell it) sounds like he's out of breath.
Ven sounds different (in comparsion to Roxas).
Returning casts from the disney side are sharp and well done, as usual.

Jugo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to play this, too freakin bad I dont have a PSP and dont ever want to get one.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scott-105 said:
OMG!!! I just realized Zack from Crisis Core is in this! I guess I missed it the first time I watched this.

Actually, no he isn't. Terra just looks like him. There is no final fantasy characters in this one, it's entirely disney.

Now, who here thinks this is gonna be leaked before the official release?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
Scott-105 said:
OMG!!! I just realized Zack from Crisis Core is in this! I guess I missed it the first time I watched this.

Actually, no he isn't. Terra just looks like him. There is no final fantasy characters in this one, it's entirely disney.

You're wrong. Zack from Final Fantasy 7 is indeed in this game. He is the black spiky haired young guy, and you meet him in the Olympus Coliseum world (all three main character's stories). He's a good deal younger in this than in his appearances in FF7. They even use his Crisis Core theme in the game briefly.

This is Zack in BBS-
0.jpg

This is Terra-
n2hehi.jpg

Two different people. Terra has brown hair (as opposed to Zack's black), is older looking, and his hair is a fair bit less spiky and droops down his head more. They do look similar though. Art style i guess since Terra sort of resembles a shorter haired Sephiroth, as well as *Xemnas* (*cough cough ahem*) from the other games... Zack appears in the coliseum for "hero training" he calls it.

As for leaks, it's a possibility. But the Japanese version apparently months to be hacked into a playable form for pirates. It's possible the US version will have similar or better protection, so it may take some amount of time to get it running on a custom firmware or whatever.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
granville said:
Giga_Gaia said:
Scott-105 said:

You're wrong. Zack from Final Fantasy 7 is indeed in this game. He is the black spiky haired young guy, and you meet him in the Olympus Coliseum world (all three main character's stories). He's a good deal younger in this than in his appearances in FF7. They even use his Crisis Core theme in the game briefly.

This is Zack in BBS-
0.jpg

This is Terra-
n2hehi.jpg

Two different people. Terra has brown hair (as opposed to Zack's black), is older looking, and his hair is a fair bit less spiky and droops down his head more. They do look similar though. Art style i guess since Terra sort of resembles a shorter haired Sephiroth, as well as *Xemnas* (*cough cough ahem*) from the other games... Zack appears in the coliseum for "hero training" he calls it.

As for leaks, it's a possibility. But the Japanese version apparently months to be hacked into a playable form for pirates. It's possible the US version will have similar or better protection, so it may take some amount of time to get it running on a custom firmware or whatever.

No wonder I didn't recognize him, he didn't look like Zack in any of the games Zack appeared.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ball2012003 said:
Scott-105 said:
I'm buying this game on release day! I effing can't wait for it!
I'm downloading this game the second its released.

I hope it's before it's released. Even if it has anti-piracy, it's not gonna take long to bypass. Also, back when the jp version was released, playing 6.20 games wasn't as easy as today. Now unless Sony release a new FW with this, you will probably use the same method to patch it for cfw.

Of course, no need to do so yourself, torrents of patched games easily surface soon after anyway.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SparkFenix said:
Hope this is one of the ported games *crosses fingers*
What do you mean by "ported games"? Birth By Sleep is an original KH game and has not been announced for any other system besides PSP. The only games that have been remade or ported to another system are Coded (cell phone to DS) and Chain of Memories (GBA to PS2). Nomura has stated that his goal is to create the series in 3D graphics. He remade those two because they didn't use fully polygonal worlds. At least that was his reason for remaking COM.

As for KH games, there are supposedly two brand new games in the works that are NOT KH3. One is Kingdom Hearts 3D on 3DS. The other has yet to be announced (or the system it's on).

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:
SparkFenix said:
Hope this is one of the ported games *crosses fingers*
What do you mean by "ported games"? Birth By Sleep is an original KH game and has not been announced for any other system besides PSP. The only games that have been remade or ported to another system are Coded (cell phone to DS) and Chain of Memories (GBA to PS2). Nomura has stated that his goal is to create the series in 3D graphics. He remade those two because they didn't use fully polygonal worlds. At least that was his reason for remaking COM.

As for KH games, there are supposedly two brand new games in the works that are NOT KH3. One is Kingdom Hearts 3D on 3DS. The other has yet to be announced (or the system it's on).

I meant ported to the PS2

Ive seen many games ported to the PS2 a few months after being released on the PSP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.