Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance Voice Hacking - Proof of Concept

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by KHDecoder, Jun 14, 2016.

1. KHDecoder
    OP

KHDecoder Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    United States
    I finally have discovered how to modify Dream Drop Distance Battle Voices!

Here is the video proof of concept:

In the current game, Ansem says "Protect me!" In my opinion, that quote wasn't as epic as "Come Guardian!" so I replaced Ansem's quote with the one he used in Re: Chain of Memories (Which was Richard Epcar's Redub of Billy Zane's from KH 1). The reason I only replaced a single voice file for this test because I wasn't too sure it was going to work. Now that I got it to work, I am going some voice mod patches when I am done. From KH 2 Xemnas battle voices to KH 1 Billy Zane Battle Voices, to RECOM Ansem Battle Voices to KH1 Sora & Riku Battle Voices, to KH 2 Sora & Riku Battle Voices, to KH 2 Pete Battle Voices, and KH 1 Ursula Battle voices. Check out my channel and you will see more mods I have done as well for this game as well as many others!

Aether Lion likes this.
  2. Gow supremo

Gow supremo I am playing my 2ds

Jan 24, 2016
    In the earth
    Hi, you create a tool for edit the voice archives?

3. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    You should give people the option of what version of hacks to apply or make some sort of "DDD Easy Modding Station" where it just generates the patch with what the person is looking for and just that. I've checked out your other work on Days/ReCoM/BBS as well.
    Nice job!

Patiently waiting for the patches to be out, specially Days. That game had dissapointing battle grunts. I mean, "Nice try!!" as a limit quote?

4. Gow supremo

Gow supremo I am playing my 2ds

Jan 24, 2016
    In the earth
    With this tool is possible edit audios to create fandub?

5. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N oh no

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Sixth Circle of Hell
    Good work, man.

I have a copy of KH3D myself, it's just I never got around to finishing it (so many final bosses!). I might dump it later, can you tell me what the ROMFS is like?