Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance Save Hack

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Hollow_Dragonite, Sep 28, 2015.

1. bweep

bweep Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    Oh wow, I'm really glad someone else is working on messing with this game. The game has some hilarious stuff in it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I just wish that most of the debug stuff wasn't removed...

Edit:
    [​IMG]
    Riku can indeed equip the Soul Eater.

Edit 2:
    [​IMG]
    Yay~!

Last edited by bweep, Oct 3, 2015
  2. darkmanwe4ever

darkmanwe4ever Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2007
    Argentina
    It's OK, I couldn't do it myself, but with your help I managed to do it, so thank you! my save file is in standard difficulty, but I don't think that's relevant as if I am correct the difficulty changes how much exp the enemies give, not the exp needed for level up. I have no idea why xD.

that's so cool!

That'd be nice, I hope you can make it!

3. delebile

delebile Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    Italy
    On the road
    The more info you get about the save data, the more the tool can be accurate.
    If you want pm me with everything you discover, i'm trying in the freetime to create an editor

4. Hollow_Dragonite
    OP

Hollow_Dragonite Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2015
    United States
    How? HOW? Lol, I couldnt get any of those beta keyblades to work, let alone Soul Eater, of give sora the way to the dawn. I assume since those pictures are from the menu, that exiting the menu causes a crash? As for Nightmare Clash, I haven't really looked into action commands yet, so that's pretty cool. And just HOW did you get into the Radiant Garden from bbs? Mind=blown. You wanna take over here? You seem better at this than me. Lol jk, but any and all info you could give would be greatly appreciated.

I thik right now everything I've done is here, but if you need clarification or whatever, feel free to pm me. I'll be sure to pm you with anything new I find, for sure.

5. delebile

delebile Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    Italy
    On the road
    Thanks.
    As for now the tools is taking a shape, it can edit the items in the inventory and all the keyblades.
    I need to study the commands and the dream eaters.
    Screenshots and alphas with sources will come out soon.
    And i'm interested on how that guy found the way to get to radiant garden.

SignZ likes this.
  6. delebile

delebile Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    Italy
    On the road
    Oook, here we go.
    This is the first release of the tool, you can add the links to the first post.
    It can fully edit the items and the inventory, player level and money, i'll research more for the commands, dream eaters and the rest.
    As for now it's pretty good and simple to use.
    Also, everything that i've put as editable is in the "legit" range, which means that i didn't include all the debug and removed stuff, since it can ruin the game stability.

Source code : https://github.com/delebile/kh3ds_savedit
    Initial release : Download!

Enjoy!

7. bweep

bweep Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    Well, I sorta cheated in the first Soul Eater picture; before I found the items section of the save data, I had found the equipped weapon slot. So I just sorta jammed it in, lol. Though, after finding the item section, I ran into the same issue you did where you can unlock the keyblades, but it replaces them with Fleeting Fragment etc in the menu, causing it to crash the game. So I just replaced those slots with the keyblades instead and now they work from the menu. (Though now they show up as materials, but eh. This is Square's fault, there's something unnatural about how it skips over the unused keyblades. I'm guessing they put a check so that you couldn't hack them in easily? Kinda halfassed, though...)
    Nope, they work fine. Well, Way to the Dawn crashes. You can't equip Sora with Riku's keyblades. Might have something to do with how the game loads them. You can force Sora to equip it without going into the menu via save modding, but it loads up as Kingdom Key.
    Not idea what it does though; I guess it's something from the Ventus Nightmare battle?
    Found the value that modifies the location you're in when you save the game.
    Haha, I'll pass. You seem to have figured out almost everything I have myself, save maybe the room mod, but I'll put that up and some other stuff in a pastebin in a bit.

Also, regarding the save editor, I get a 404 error when I try to download it.

EDIT:
    See the following pastebin for the stuff I've personally researched.
    http://pastebin.com/iupbBrjR

Last edited by bweep, Oct 5, 2015
    Doredialilligan likes this.
  8. delebile

delebile Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    Italy
    On the road
    bweep and Doredialilligan like this.
  9. bweep

bweep Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    There are no downloads on the release page. :(

10. delebile

delebile Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    Italy
    On the road
  11. Misledz

Misledz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2015
    delebile likes this.
  12. Doredialilligan

Doredialilligan Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    Amazing job Hollow_Dragonite, delebile and bweep! Thank you so much for that amazing job for this game :)

13. Hollow_Dragonite
    OP

Hollow_Dragonite Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2015
    United States
    Ok, I know it looks bad, but I'll fix it later. Added bweep's pastebin and the save editor by delebile to the main post. Really, thanks you guys. So much.

14. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    Amazing! Now I got a reason to replay the game. :D

15. Julizi

Julizi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2015
    Germany
    Unfortunatley this arrives 2 month to late for me xD

16. delebile

delebile Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    Italy
    On the road
    Version 1.1 is out, with new features.
    You can find it in the releases page linked in the op.
    What we miss now is the are Dream Eaters and Commands editing. :)

AssasinGamer5566 likes this.
  17. sMoKeYa

sMoKeYa Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2009
    Gambia, The
    How i can i get my save dump, i dont have a homebrew channel and the tool svdt i have only have Gateway and emu nand 9.2
    Can somebody help to get my save

18. Misledz

Sep 3, 2015
    Get SVDT or SDM

19. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    Weird, does anybody else have the problem that the changes aren't there when you import the save again? I even switched somdat0.bin with somdat1.bin, but nothing's changed.

20. Misledz

Sep 3, 2015
    If you're taking about money changes. They don't show up until you load the game. Otherwise it works flawlessly for me.

Riku358 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice