Gaming Kingdom Hearts 3D - Dream Drop Distance [Official Site Opens]

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SOURCE: http://www.khinsider.com/ [For the news], http://kingdomhearts...pecial:NewFiles [For images]

kh3d.jpg

Kingdom Hearts 3D : Dream Drop Distance is the upcoming title for the Nintendo 3DS!

The release date for Japan is confirmed to be March 2012!!
And as usual the official site has officially opened revealing the sites new make-over!
http://www.square-en....jp/kingdom/3d/

In the bottom right there is a drop gauge and if you click the arrow it shows a clip of Sora/Riku falling into slumber and then swapping characters on the icon, this is indeed the method revealed when they meant the characters are interchangeable! You can extend the drop gauge by collecting *Drop Points*.
On the site also is some new artwork for Sora and Riku.
World Artwork has been shown for "Pranksters Paradise" and "La Cite Des Cloches"
It seems it has a new Dearly Beloved remix! Thanks to many youtube users the track is on youtube and ready to be heard in it's entirety in High Quality!

New Worlds added to Kingdom Hearts 3D

Pranksters Paradise [Pinnochio]

sparadiselogokh3d.jpg

La Cité Des Cloches [The Hunchback of Notredame]

lacitdesclocheslogokh3d.jpg

The Country of the Musketeers [The Three Musketeers]
(sadly no logo)

Scan of World Confirmation
12-14%20VJump%20Scan%201.jpg

A new 8 minute trailer is said to be surfacing next week showing off tons of new features!

Information
Brace yourselves!
****CONTAINS SPOILERS!****
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

1) Shiki, Joshua, Beat and Rhyme confirmed to be appearing in Kingdom Hearts 3D!
2) A new Tron Legacy world has been confirmed to be appearing in the trailer for next week!
3) The trailer will reveal a few things people will find extremely surprising.
Such as the reappearance of a familiar face who seemed to have a quarrel with Ventus and really didn't like him.
4) Ansem Seeker of Darkness is also reappearing!
5) Another surprising thing is the appearance of a Young Xemnas who seems to be attacking Sora in the said trailer. [More info on this next week]
6) And even three friends reappear; Roxas, Axel [Calls himself Lea in the trailer] and Xion!!

The Trailer will hit the web sometime next week!
The release date for Japan is March so does this mean it's not too far from March that North America and Europe get this? Because Nomura said that this game is receiving a Localization at the same time! So who knows!

Who's gonna get this game when it releases?
I know for a fact it's a day one release for me!

Reactions: 2 people

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol @ khi

I wonder how this game will turn out. Hopefully it's not a mess like Days was. Even though I liked Days, it's story and overall importance to the plot of KH was shit. Hopefully this will play something like BbS.

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lol @ khi

I wonder how this game will turn out. Hopefully it's not a mess like Days was. Even though I liked Days, it's story and overall importance to the plot of KH was shit. Hopefully this will play something like BbS.
I can assure you this game is nothing like Days.
No mission based stuff, Really nice on-par PS2 graphics, Looks better than BBS did and this game is on par-storywise with a numbered title, meaning it's no side-game this links directly into Kingdom Hearts 3 :)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol @ khi

I can assure you this game is nothing like Days.
No mission based stuff, Really nice on-par PS2 graphics, Looks better than BBS did and this game is on par-storywise with a numbered title, meaning it's no side-game this links directly into Kingdom Hearts 3 :)

I wouldn't mind having that panel system back that Days had. That was amazing. I forget what BBS had.

Well I'm sure I'll pick it up, just because I know I can. Hopefully it lives up to be a great 3DS game.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Where's Kairi!?
I don't want a game that's a sausage fest... =(
Sora isn't the same without Kairi. <.<
What about Rule 63?
Erm... I'd rather have Kairi... No gender mixes prefered. xP

Although it's weird that she doesnt show up in the website... I mean.. Kairi has been a main char since the beggining.. She and Sora have a really important connection in the games.. =S

Where's Kairi!?
I don't want a game that's a sausage fest... =(
Sora isn't the same without Kairi.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rhyme is also female...

But anyways, TC Lea is Axel's real name, which means that the game will probably have a "past" type world with characters from Organization XIII. Either that or people who are inside Sora's heart, or maybe because Ventus appears and he gets his heart he would have all of Roxa's memories and feelings and the people who were important to him are Lea and Xion. I dunno I'ma do more theory crafting on this later after the trailer comes out.

Side note, I had KH2 and KHBBS stories pegged before they came out.

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this game reveals good stuff because Re:Coded barely revealed anything at all! and that's my only fear towards KH3D other than that it's epic! I just want to see an awesome story like KH BBS or KH 358/2 Days (KH II had a good story too).

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is what you can see in the trailer:

/!\ WARNING HUGE SPOILERS /!\
The screen is spit in half, left is Sora, and to the right is Riku.
Sora: This is...
Riku: This is...
Sora: Traverse Town?
Riku: Traverse Town?
Riku: My clothes changed...
Sora: My clothes changed!
Sora: Riku! Oi!
Riku: Sora!
Joshua: Well, it seems like we’ve both have been seperated when arriving in this world.
Sora to Neku: Noise?... What’s your name?
Sora: Neku... Sakuraba... That’s an interesting name!
Neku: I don’t think it’s so interesting.
Shiki and Riku
Shiki while holding Mr. Mew: You came to rescue weak little me, didn’t you? Mr. Knight!
Riku: Huh, Knight?! That’s not what I am!
Shiki: ...you seriously shouldn’t be so embarrassed.
Mickey: Maleficient, what are you trying to accomplish?
Maleficient: Do you know Xehanort?
Mickey: Why would I know him?
Maleficient: I found out from him, about the worlds 7 ones of pure light. With the 7 in my grasp, the worlds would be mine.
Go to the imprisoned Pinocchio
Pinocchio: Huh? My nose, what happened?!
Jiminy: It’s surely because you told a lie.
Pinocchio: That’s not true! There was a guy in a black coat. He was messing with Sora.
Notre Dome priest(?) approaches Quasimodo: It can’t be helped that you must leave here. It is for your own safety...
Hanging his head, Quasimodo turns over in his bed.
3 Musketeers World
Sora: This is a keyblade!
Mickey: Shh! I know. It came from another world. To be honest, that’s the reason why I’m in this world to be a Musketeer.
While inclining his head, Sora replies: You don’t remember being a king in your world?
Riku opens a large chest, and inside is Minnie!
Riku: Minnie!
Rhyme with a floating moogle.
Rhyme: My memory!... I have to go back right now.
Beat: Get out! Dream eaters!
A dream eater appears in front of the approaching Beat.
Sora: Neku, that’s a dream eater?
Neku: Ah, you can fight them too, right?
Suddenly, a man in a black coat and dream eaters appear.
Sora: You!
Neku: This isn’t the time to talk!
At his shout, the black coated man faces Sora and springs down at him. Poised to take the attack, Sora suddenly becomes drowsy and collapses
Sora: ...what, why did I suddenly become so... tired...
(In the next shot, Sora appeared in a world playing a shooting game. Then in a carriage, Sora attacks at the dream eaters)
(Yen Sid)
In the beginning, while the worlds engulfed in darkness were reborn, their rebirth was in complete and the worlds fell into slumber. Even though the worlds have gates to them, the heartless could never enter through them. Therefore, in the heartless stead and another threat from the darkness existed. Those were the ones who devour dreams; the dream eaters. Within them, there are the Nightmares that plant bad dreams, and the ones who eat the nightmares; the good spirited Spirits. These are the two creatures that exist in this world instead of the heartless. These creatures that live on the opposite side of the world’s gate, with the dream eaters guidance you can find the Key to Sleep.
(During this shooting game and battles were playing
(Pre-render movie) Fighting with Xemnas, Sora/Riku, Axel, Roxas, Xion, Kairi, Namine, DiZ
Sora and Riku in Destiny Island
Sora: Yen Sid said, the worlds that cannot wake from their dreams... if they can’t wake up, they won’t be able to be reborn.
Joshua: It’s the same, however, it may be different for other worlds, if it’s only one is impossible to say, get it?
Riku: Dream?
Scene of Pinocchio being swallowed by the whale.
In the 3 Musketeer’s world: Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Sora
Mickey, facing Pete onboard a steamboat: Over there is Pete!
Joshua: Didn’t Mickey give up on you? If he gave up one you, isn’t that the same as giving up on the worlds?
Riku: What the hell are you saying?
Axel, Ienzo, Eleaus are in sight
Axel (in black coat): I came here to look, because I always get stuck with the dirty work.
3 Musketeer world
Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Sora collectively point their swords: All for one, and one for all!
Riku to Quasimodo: You can’t tell what a person is like just from looking at them. I have a friend too who can see right through me into my heart.
Sora to Joshua: It’s okay, because Riku heart and mine will always be connected. That’s why the feeling you had must be connected.
Riku before the dark hooded man: What are you?
The man lifts off his hood revealing that same face as Riku.
Riku: !! Me?!
Xemnas: Within a being with no heart, a heart dwells...
Sora: Even you guys can have hearts?
Axel, with his head raised: My name is Lea. Got it memorized? (He calls himself Lea, but he’s the black organization Axel)
Riku: You... Who are you?
In front of him is Terranort
Terranort faces Sora: Your heart also wasn’t trapped?
Sora: Your the guy from before! What did you just say?!
Terranort / Vanitas: You heart is the exception!

Source

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rhyme is also female...

But anyways, TC Lea is Axel's real name, which means that the game will probably have a "past" type world with characters from Organization XIII. Either that or people who are inside Sora's heart, or maybe because Ventus appears and he gets his heart he would have all of Roxa's memories and feelings and the people who were important to him are Lea and Xion. I dunno I'ma do more theory crafting on this later after the trailer comes out.

Side note, I had KH2 and KHBBS stories pegged before they came out.
well seeing as how this game is only supposed to be the mark of mastery exam, nothing TOO game breaking should happen. also roxas shouldnt know axel's real name

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nomura said that the MoM is only a part of this game, and not everything will happen is the RoS (Realm of Sleep).
But that may means something like only the final part of this game is not in the RoS.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nomura said that the MoM is only a part of this game, and not everything will happen is the RoS (Realm of Sleep).
But that may means something like only the final part of this game is not in the RoS.
please can you give me a time machine?
as a die hard kingdom hearts fan i cannot wait, i finished all of the games 100% several times including the final mixes!
i am very happy and satisfied with my 3ds but this will prevent me to buy a vita until kh vita comes out!

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea im sure the final boss fight or something will be vs yen sid, with your new awesome keyblade master armors and powers

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yea im sure the final boss fight or something will be vs yen sid, with your new awesome keyblade master armors and powers
i don't think armors are just for masters, for instance ventus had an armor without being a master...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM