Gaming Kingdom Hearts 3D annoying glitch

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
OP
Trophies
XP
So yeah check the (blurry phone camera) video, riku just keeps spamming that move and won't respond to any controls, I was forced to quit game and reload losing my progress since my last save.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-IRWBAzEYc

One time I would consider a nuisance but that video was the second time it happened and it has since happened again :glare:

Easy solution is to not use the dream eater that does that attack, but I do like the moves... when they're not getting me stuck in corners spamming heyaaa heyaaa heyaaa........

Anyone else have this issue, or am I just really unlucky :(

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Haven't experienced that glitch yet.
But I have only used that attack 2 or 3 times before.
Hope I won't get it in an important battle.

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow I hope they patch it soon!

Off topic: is the camera control customizable? I mean, can you choose to use the camera in the touch screen like the previous KH games for the DS?

Reactions: 1 person

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is bad news. :( For me, KH games, if nothing else, have always played smoothly. Hopefully it gets patched by the time I can afford to buy it.
It sucks you're having a bad experience with it. This is shameful for a KH game really.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty sure this is getting blown out of proportion, I tested this out for myself about 4 times and havent gotten stuck. It may just be the stats your character has or combination of a grouping of different things. I would recommend not using it till you level up or beat that stage.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear there's going to be a patch at some point. Hopefully they'll fix all these glitches. Until then, just save often :P

Also, I got a weird glitch too. It doesn't effect anything but when I was 11% done with the game "Ending" showed up in Sora's drop records with a high score of 0. Weird stuff. The other games weren't this glitchy... I wonder why this one has so many glitches.

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, I got a weird glitch too. It doesn't effect anything but when I was 11% done with the game "Ending" showed up in Sora's drop records with a high score of 0. Weird stuff. The other games weren't this glitchy... I wonder why this one has so many glitches.
Same thing happened to me. That's the only glitch I've seen so far, though, and I'm pretty far in the game.

jamesaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Thanks for the response, at least i'm not the only on with the occasional glitch in this otherwise good game.

I've worked out this glitch only seems to be happening while I'm also using Graviza/attacking enemies caught in it at the same time - not always - but it's the only common denominator, so ya might avoid doing that combo in the future.

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, I could tell you what this means exactly. I'll have to put it in a spoiler since it's related to the ending, though.
At the end of the game, you play a minigame while controlling Sora. The minigame is similar to the dive modes, but you have to hit names of people while the credits roll to get points. There are some gold letters scattered during this level (I haven't gotten all of them), and if you hit them all, they spell a word. I think you need to hit these in order to get the special ending.

Anyway, it sucks that you're experiencing this glitch. Do you know if you only get the glitch while using Graviza or does it apply for the other gravity moves too?

jamesaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Ah, I could tell you what this means exactly. I'll have to put it in a spoiler since it's related to the ending, though.
At the end of the game, you play a minigame while controlling Sora. The minigame is similar to the dive modes, but you have to hit names of people while the credits roll to get points. There are some gold letters scattered during this level (I haven't gotten all of them), and if you hit them all, they spell a word. I think you need to hit these in order to get the special ending.

Anyway, it sucks that you're experiencing this glitch. Do you know if you only get the glitch while using Graviza or does it apply for the other gravity moves too?

Only used Graviza, can try the other gravity moves tomorrow, kinda just grinding at the moment to fight a boss:
Julius
so will test them out when I resume my grinding tomorrow.

Also the ending thing:
The dive for the letters did not give me a secret video (on Normal difficulty anyway), but only a rather dull Glossary message.

Shonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to unlock the secret movie, you must collect 7 trophies on standard, or 5 on proud(It's unknown for beginer). I was on proud, so I unlocked it as soon as I beat the game(And had 6 trophies). I can only assume that getting two more on standard wouldn't be too hard, since I missed some easier "do this pointless action 20 times" trophies.

Also, just beat the game a few minutes ago. Anyone know why my story percent is at 70%? Surely Julius isn't 30% of the story...?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I remember getting stuck similarly with Riku on my first play through, I eventually got out, though I don't recall how (spamming direction+Y for flowmotion, I think). I haven't run into it since.

Also, just beat the game a few minutes ago. Anyone know why my story percent is at 70%? Surely Julius isn't 30% of the story...?
Mine's on 75% after beating the game. I didn't even get the secret ending, despite having 7 trophies (not including the story clear trophy). Perhaps the questions at the end affect which ending is shown?

Shonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are on standard, correct? If you are on anything but beginer, you should get it. Also, just for reference, I was on Proud, I have 6 trophies total, answered all the question with the word "important" in it(Which, in turn, gave riku the hidden data, along with an encounter with DiZ aka Ansem the Wise). I'm probably just gonna transfer my data over to a critical save, and worry about it after my second playthrough.

Edit: Just started a new game on critical. Now somehow I'm at 80%. The only thing new I did was make more dream eaters, which is only at 41% collected(1% ended).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2