Kingdom Hearts 3D annoying glitch

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by jamesaa, Aug 1, 2012.

Aug 1, 2012
  1. jamesaa
    OP

Member jamesaa The Prince of Insufficient Light

United Kingdom
    So yeah check the (blurry phone camera) video, riku just keeps spamming that move and won't respond to any controls, I was forced to quit game and reload losing my progress since my last save.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-IRWBAzEYc

One time I would consider a nuisance but that video was the second time it happened and it has since happened again :glare:

Easy solution is to not use the dream eater that does that attack, but I do like the moves... when they're not getting me stuck in corners spamming heyaaa heyaaa heyaaa........

Anyone else have this issue, or am I just really unlucky :(

2. servant

Member servant GBAtemp Regular

United States
    lolz I would have ragequited after the second time. Glitchy games are no fun.

3. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    I've been reading that quite a few people are experiencing glitches with KH3D.

4. DragorianSword

Member DragorianSword GBAtemp's #1 Gunter

Belgium
    Haven't experienced that glitch yet.
    But I have only used that attack 2 or 3 times before.
    Hope I won't get it in an important battle.

5. deadmaker

Newcomer deadmaker Advanced Member

Brazil
    Wow I hope they patch it soon!

Off topic: is the camera control customizable? I mean, can you choose to use the camera in the touch screen like the previous KH games for the DS?

1 person likes this.
  6. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    No, you cant.

7. Vampire Lied

Member Vampire Lied Resident sociopath

United States
    This is bad news. :( For me, KH games, if nothing else, have always played smoothly. Hopefully it gets patched by the time I can afford to buy it.
    It sucks you're having a bad experience with it. This is shameful for a KH game really.

8. The Milkman

United States
    Im pretty sure this is getting blown out of proportion, I tested this out for myself about 4 times and havent gotten stuck. It may just be the stats your character has or combination of a grouping of different things. I would recommend not using it till you level up or beat that stage.

9. Bobbyloujo

Member Bobbyloujo I am a millipede, I am amazing.

United States
    I hear there's going to be a patch at some point. Hopefully they'll fix all these glitches. Until then, just save often :P

Also, I got a weird glitch too. It doesn't effect anything but when I was 11% done with the game "Ending" showed up in Sora's drop records with a high score of 0. Weird stuff. The other games weren't this glitchy... I wonder why this one has so many glitches.

10. Prof. 9

Member Prof. 9 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Same thing happened to me. That's the only glitch I've seen so far, though, and I'm pretty far in the game.

11. jamesaa
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the response, at least i'm not the only on with the occasional glitch in this otherwise good game.

I've worked out this glitch only seems to be happening while I'm also using Graviza/attacking enemies caught in it at the same time - not always - but it's the only common denominator, so ya might avoid doing that combo in the future.

12. EZ-Megaman

Member EZ-Megaman Likeanator

United Kingdom
    Ah, I could tell you what this means exactly. I'll have to put it in a spoiler since it's related to the ending, though.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Anyway, it sucks that you're experiencing this glitch. Do you know if you only get the glitch while using Graviza or does it apply for the other gravity moves too?

13. jamesaa
    OP

United Kingdom
    Only used Graviza, can try the other gravity moves tomorrow, kinda just grinding at the moment to fight a boss:
    so will test them out when I resume my grinding tomorrow.

Also the ending thing:

14. kingcolex

Member kingcolex Joe "Coop" Cooper

United States
    atleast a patch can happen

15. Shonic

Newcomer Shonic Member

United States
    In order to unlock the secret movie, you must collect 7 trophies on standard, or 5 on proud(It's unknown for beginer). I was on proud, so I unlocked it as soon as I beat the game(And had 6 trophies). I can only assume that getting two more on standard wouldn't be too hard, since I missed some easier "do this pointless action 20 times" trophies.

Also, just beat the game a few minutes ago. Anyone know why my story percent is at 70%? Surely Julius isn't 30% of the story...?

16. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    aww... this game was the reason I got a 3DS dammit

17. Ben_j

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    inb4 "we could use this as an exploit to hack the 3DS !"

18. McHaggis

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    I remember getting stuck similarly with Riku on my first play through, I eventually got out, though I don't recall how (spamming direction+Y for flowmotion, I think). I haven't run into it since.

Mine's on 75% after beating the game. I didn't even get the secret ending, despite having 7 trophies (not including the story clear trophy). Perhaps the questions at the end affect which ending is shown?

19. Shonic

Newcomer Shonic Member

United States
    You are on standard, correct? If you are on anything but beginer, you should get it. Also, just for reference, I was on Proud, I have 6 trophies total, answered all the question with the word "important" in it(Which, in turn, gave riku the hidden data, along with an encounter with DiZ aka Ansem the Wise). I'm probably just gonna transfer my data over to a critical save, and worry about it after my second playthrough.

Edit: Just started a new game on critical. Now somehow I'm at 80%. The only thing new I did was make more dream eaters, which is only at 41% collected(1% ended).

20. The Milkman

United States
    As stupid as most people in the 3DS section can be, im pretty sure someone who knows the definition of the word exploit would know this has nothing to do with the 3DS

if it was a joke its a bad one :I