Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Synthesize Screen Exit Freeze ?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by omgitsmrbubbles, Sep 30, 2009.

1. omgitsmrbubbles
    OP

Newcomer omgitsmrbubbles Newbie

Australia
    As most of you may have heard or witnessed for yourselves, KH 358/2 Days has a freeze that occurs when you exit the synthesis menu (after talking to the moogle in the main 'gray' room). Just curious, as I have already patched my rom using some 'IPS' patch that claims to fix freezes in this rom, is there any other way of fixing this freeze ? Like I said, I have already successfully applied a 'IPS' patch to the rom, it is playable ( i think im up to like my 97th day or something) however still cannot synthesize at the game just freezes. Any ideas or fixes ? BTW, i am using a AK2i with AKAIO 1.5. Thank you, hope I haven't double posted here.

Thanks again,

PS - the 'IPS' patch I used is found here

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6074

incase you's may need to see it ? :/

2. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    okay my kingdom ehart 385/2 days work on akaio 1.5 with a clean rom, so you may want to try that, so far i am in day 100 without any freezing except in cutscenes

3. omgitsmrbubbles
    OP

Australia
    LOL..it freezes in cutscenes ?? thats not very good ? how can you progress if it freezes in a cutscene ? i dont understand your reply? [​IMG]

4. clegion

United States
    should have said it more clearly sometimes it freezes in the cutscenewhen you skip it or sometimes it's in reverse but so far it's only 10% or something

5. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    Freezing in the cutscenes happened to me, but only once. I haven't seen anything happen with the synthesis screen.

I'm using AKAIO 1.5 also with the latest loaders from http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders

Is it a problem? I am using a clean ROM. Does it occur often, the freezzing?

Just some off topic confirmation: I'm using my save file from the Japanese ROM. It works.

6. omgitsmrbubbles
    OP

Australia
    thanks kingdomblade for the loaders, i will check them out right now. can i just ask, what do you mean when you say 'clean' rom? as in a rom that hasnt been patched or anything, just a clean rip? and i know you cant post links to roms or anything..but how can i find a clean one? what should i be searching for?

7. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    yes.. clean rom means is not patched/dubbed or modified in any sense

Posts merged

yes.. clean rom means is not patched/dubbed or modified in any sense

8. omgitsmrbubbles
    OP

Australia
    yes, thankyo for that confirmation. just so you all know, and as kingdomblade stated, a CLEAN rom and a AK2i loader will fix the synthesis freeze, should anybody need help with this like i did.

thanks again everybody ! [​IMG]

9. clegion

United States
    i am on day 117 the freezing only occured sometime and only when you press skips

10. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    So it freezes in cutscenes with the latest AKAIO and not with the latest unofficial DSTT firmware? Haha, that's weird.

11. Terce

Newcomer Terce Member

United States
    My first instinct is that the IPS patch failed to actually patch all the anti-piracy locks. A better plan is to use a hex editor for a fix. I did it and have played successfully for close to 20 hours.

12. RedCloud

Newcomer RedCloud Advanced Member

Indonesia
    Actually I used the hex editor patch but I still get the freeze when exiting the synthesis menu.... [​IMG]
    please help! I'm using EDGE flashcart.....

13. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    wow i havnt experienced any freezes of any sort on my R4 with Hex edit patch

Off topic: im on day 120+ [​IMG]

14. Cowgirl_Luna

Newcomer Cowgirl_Luna Member

Germany
    Had the Blackscreen only once - while skipping a scene. Since then it never occurs, because I don't skip anymore. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    By the way, I use a manually hex-changed ROM.

15. RedCloud

Newcomer RedCloud Advanced Member

Indonesia
    good for u...
    I'm on that day too but without doing any synthesis.... [​IMG]

16. DS Expert

Newcomer DS Expert Newbie

Thailand
    I'm having the same problem with the Moogle shop while trying to exit from the Synthesize option. I'm using an M3 Real and I manually hex patched the ROM with the number 37 and got the game to work. I'm sure if updating my software firmware will help, but I've tried both the iTouch v.3.2e and Touchpod Firmware v. 4.4a X52 software and the game still doesn't work. Is there another hex code that we can use to manually fix the synthesize exit freeze just like that one hex edit to get past the difficulty selection screen?

Edit: Yes, I've been a member for 2 years and 5 months (minus 1 day) and have NEVER posted until today. So obviously, I'm kinda like Xion who never said anything until Day 24 of the game. ^^

Edit 2 (3:44 PM): Ok, I've actually found the solution to the problem myself actually. For anyone who doesn't use AKAIO 1.5, this fix is for you. I've only specifically got it to work on my M3 Real, but R4 users and anyone else should give this patch and process a shot.

Step 1: Download file from this page - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7261
    Step 2: Download Lunar IPS program here - http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/download/lips101.zip
    Step 3: Place a clean Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days into the folder that contains the lips101 program. You don't have to, but it makes it easier to find the ROM you're patching.
    Step 4: put the ips from the "[7261]KH358_2D_U_.rar" file in the lips101 folder as well.
    Step 5: Click the "Apply the IPS Patch" button and a window will appear.
    Step 6: Select the "Kingdom Hearts 358-2 Days (U).ips" file click the "Open" button.
    Step 7: Go to the box that says "Files of type:" and change the option from "Most Common ROM files" to "All Files (*.*)"
    Step 8: Select your clean "4215 - Kingdom Hearts 358-2 Days (U)(Xenophobia).nds" ROM file and click the "Open" button.

Step 9: Move you're newly patched ROM to your Flash Cart and play the game WITHOUT the Moogle, Synthesize, exit, freeze bug. Enjoy!!^^

My sincerest thanks to Gokuguy for creating the one patch that fixes the new game and synthesize exit bugs. [​IMG]

17. LilBoom

Newcomer LilBoom Newbie

Canada

can someone please help me i'm having the same problem, i have manually hexed the rom and i still get freezes exiting the synthesis shop someone please help me. and this is the one i use http://www.r4iii.com/.

18. LilBoom

Newcomer LilBoom Newbie

Canada
    can somebody please help me?

19. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Fixed. Updated both broken links!! Also note that if you re-named the old, patched unclean ROM to "nrp-khdj.nds" or something else, you will need to RENAME your NEW patched ROM to the same file name as your existing SAV file AFTER patching.

For those who don't understand (pfft, noobs [​IMG])

1. You patched the file, did the instructions in this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158107 and ended up with nrp-khdj.nds
    2. You started the game, found the synthesis problem
    3. You repatched a clean ROM with a file name similar to "4215 - Kingdom Hearts 358-2 Days (U)(Xenophobia).nds", and your OLD SAV file is "nrp-khdj.sav" or "NRP-KHDJ.SAV"
    4. You will NEED to rename "4215 - Kingdom Hearts 358-2 Days (U)(Xenophobia)" to "nrp-khdj.nds"
    5. MOVE your new file to your microSD, and REPLACE it with the old one.
    I was having this problem too, and now the game works without a hitch [​IMG]

Apologies for the bump, but I thought this information was vital for those who like/or want to start playing this game. [​IMG]

20. Waterknight

Newcomer Waterknight Newbie

United States
    I made an account here just so that I could tell people about this. There IS a way to synthesize panels even if your game freezes when exiting the synthesis screen. Here is what you have to do no patches or fixes needed!

1. From the title screen load up missions mode.
    2. select your file that you play on.
    3. While in mission mode scroll down to shop.
    4. Go to the synthesis section and you can synth itms.
    5. Back out of the synth section and it WONT freeze!!!
    6. Save your game and then exit to title screen to play in story mode again!

I hope this helps guys! Also if you would tell everyone you know who needs help with it that they can do that.