Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days (NOT the Jap version, the U version)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by crysalim, Sep 28, 2009.

1. crysalim
    OP

Newcomer crysalim Member

United States
    There's a thread on these boards on how to fix the game so it plays on most flashcarts by altering a hex address. This has worked for me, and I use a Supercard One (just regular one, not onei)

I can't save the game, however. When I do, the save disappears when I shut the ds off.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I haven't seen anyone else with this problem when I search google and these boards, so I am probably doing something wrong on my own. Any ideas would be much appreciated!!

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    What options do you have enabled? Unless there is a difference on how the dsonei saves from the dsone then idk. Run a self test as well anyways.

3. eL_sHanOa

Newcomer eL_sHanOa Advanced Member

Philippines
    Anyone Tried it On EDGE ?

4. crysalim
    OP

Newcomer crysalim Member

United States
    BoxShot, I had the default options enabled at first. That didn't work, so I tried it with the patch disabled, and that also didn't work. I have had a game work in the past by disabling the patch, but it was a no go this time.

5. BoxShot

United States
    I have enable patch/patch speed/patch saver/enable reset on. o.o I don't know the defaults that is set by the supercard. You could try ysmenu/dstt to make a save first then use it if that works.

6. crysalim
    OP

Newcomer crysalim Member

United States
    The options you listed BoxShot are the default ones, those are what I was using. I looked up ysmenu, and it seems to be an alternate os for the card - is there a reason the save there would work, but not in the supercard os? I'll go thru the trouble of installing that, but I'm not sure how it would help.

To give more info, I am able to start up the game, and it does initialize the save data. The files appear on the card (KINGDO~1.sav and KINGDO~1.sci), but when I use the save command in the game, it won't carry over to the next time I boot the ds.

Does it work on your Supercard onei with saving? Are you already running the ysmenu on it?

7. BoxShot

United States
    I already have ysmenu since I could not stand renaming everything. Well it seems that my premade save with ysmenu works with the supercard and does not delete itself. Obviously my kh rom has a small name so it is interchangeable with the supercard os and ysmenu. You can use the dstt menu 1.17a07 instead so you don't have to be annoyed with making ysmenu.

8. crysalim
    OP

Newcomer crysalim Member

United States
    I tried another method, deleting all files with the game and starting over. I deleted the two files in my above post, and restarted the game again. This time, the save is carrying over.

I wonder if I just have a card that is defective, because I've had something like this happen before... anyway, if anyone else gets this kind of problem, try deleting all of your files and have the game make them again.

I have a recurring problem with Bleach 2nd (U) with this, I would be able to play very long into the game, and randomly one day I would turn it on and the saves would disappear again. I know that game has no copy protection, so I'm clueless as to why this happens... I think I might just have to buy a new card :/

9. BoxShot

United States
    Weird but oh well it works now. Ysmenu has never failed me yet [​IMG]

10. crysalim
    OP

Newcomer crysalim Member

United States
    Does ysmenu have some kind of naming system for roms other than the filename? I had to rename all of my Final Fantasy roms because the supercard os would make the saves into FINALF~1, FINALF~2, and so on, so when I copied things between cards it would get messy.

If I could just keep this game something like, kh3582.nds and it shows as Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days in the os, that would help. I don't think supercard can do that.

Posts merged

I think I will try out ysmenu, it looks like there's a multiloader for it too in case I want to use the original too.

11. BoxShot

United States
    Ysmenu has full support for long file names. [​IMG] So the save of a rom would be the same as the rom name + .sav extention.

12. jpaolo009

Newcomer jpaolo009 Member

Philippines
    I have tried it on Edge and it Works Great!! [​IMG]