Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days new videos

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, the official website of the DS game Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days was updated with the new date for Japan (May 30) and several new videos.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/days/

You can watch the new special trailer in the MOVIES section of the website. There are also 4 new extremely short "event" movies in the EVENT section showing off what I assume is going to be FMV's inserted into key events in the game (although I imagine they'll be a bit longer). Anyways, the real meat is the new 40 second trailer showing off some gameplay:

Event videos with translations:

Like I said, this game finally has an official date of May 30 for Japan. A US release has been confirmed as well as at least 2 voice actors returning for their US characters (one is Quinton Flynn who voices Axel). I suspect we'll see this game no later than Christmas in the US. Can't wait for this one!
yaynds.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Disney characters really show off the game engine. They look better than anything I've seen on DS. Even the realistic Hercules and Aladdin characters look incredible.

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Tropicana said:
Hmmm.... I should really finish the first 2 games for the ps2
happy.gif

Anyways, the videos always really amaze me how good the graphics look.....

3 you mean....

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, not really sure. I think you'll appreciate this game much better if you've played KH1 and 2. The main character here is integral in KH2 and I suspect playing KH2 before this one would make it more dramatic.

Still this is considered more of a side story. I guess you could play this one. But don't take my word for it.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, looks amazing!! I've played the GBA version and loved it so much that I refuse to give it away.

I'm very excited about this game and awaiting to hear the EU/USA release date!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved the GBA version too. There's really a lot of depth to the card system. The breaking can be a bit annoying at times, but it's certainly a unique way to meld action with card battling. Never tried the PS2 version though.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrfatso said:
and it is part of the story as well? if i am not mistaken or can it be truly be called a side story?

edit: and by the way, where does this starts off? directly after kingdom hearts 2?
Before Kingdom Hearts 2, when Sora is sleeping in the capsule. Ehh, it doesn't really follow the story of the main character, Sora, so I guess it can be called a side story.

Now, the GBA version has a PS2 version (Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories) available in America, which in my opinion (own both the GBA and Re:CoM) is much better than the GBA version.

Too bad a really interesting game had to have such a shitty fanbase. Well, I guess that's what you get for playing a game with characters developed by Nomura.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I will hint that Sora and Roxas have a very close connection. I will spoil you below if you like:

Ok, Roxas is the "nobody" of Sora. A nobody is an empty shell created when someone loses their heart. Roxas is actually an anagram of the name Sora, just with an added X to it.

That spoils a fair bit of the story from both main games. I will venture to say that Sora and Roxas are closer than you could possibly imagine, but at the same time, don't really know each other at all. You can figure out their connection by playing this game, but the buildup to their connection was a lot cooler and more interesting in the beginning of KH2. I'll also say that Roxas is who you play as for the first parts of KH2. That's as much as I can give away without REALLY spoiling the story.

I really think you should play the other games to appreciate the stories. I also believe they are meant to be played in their exact order of release:

Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (or the PS2 remake, they are the same story-wise)
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (the new PSP game)

That's the best order for being able to enjoy the stories to their fullest. There are likely some spoilers in the upcoming DS game that could spoil at least some key scenes in the other games. The list above is the best possible order to play them in. That order will spoil nothing for you and help you understand everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over