King of Kong.... WOW.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This might be old, but... Has anyone watched this? Just.... WOW. Never thought a gamer's life could be any harder - being persecuted by your own kind and struggle to come out of it all. From this point forward, Steve Wiebe is my hero. Also, Billy Mitchell is an ass and to some extent, most of Twin Galaxies are too.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know about King of Kong 2. Waiting for it actually. I'm not too keen on the idea of the movie though...

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That trailer is a spoof in case you didn't realize.
smile.gif
It's a joke.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wife was surprised by how much she liked this movie. Yeah, how can you claim to be the king of a video game and not play a single video game in front of the cameras? Rather strange.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know about the spoof one, but weren't there talks of a real sequel to the documentary? Hopefully a continuation of Steve's journey to humbly yet rightfully kick Mitchell's ass?

Yeah, I really hated Mitchell for scrutinizing Steve that he won't be recognized if he didn't play in front of a live audience/ or with a cam behind him - and yet, Mitchell himself never did those things at present. He also went on hinting the Steve wasn't worth it to be the King of Kong and only he should be that rightful person. It would've been ok if he did put up, played and showed people that he still had it, but no - he was just words...
Although, I guess that was to expected. First time I saw Mitchell on screen, I said to myself "yeah, that's the bad guy - the 'tard" and I didn't know anything about KoK prior aside from the hullaballoo it's been getting (hence, why I got interested).

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I grabbed a rip of this movie when it came out but my RAID went mental & I lost all my files before I got chance to watch it
frown.gif

Gotta find it again ..

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's too bad... =( I think it's a very nice movie even for non-gamers and that even if you're not into video games, the emotions and struggle that is presented would connect to you and you'll eventually enjoy the thing for what it is...

PS
I think this is the best video game movie I've ever watched and that's saying a lot. Who would've thought Donkey Kong would be the one to pull it off nicely? lol

Gian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Imo, Twin Galaxies is neutral to the whole issue.
That one referee guy wasn't bad, he just did his job.

Steve was definitely inspiring.
Good watch. Killed two hours nicely.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The ref guy was okay. It was the grunts aka Billy's lackeys aka Billy's fanatics that would believe whatever BS Mitchell threw at them that really ticked me off. It was actually a pleasant surprise that Billy's "right hand man" (the lawyer guy and DK high score faker) was one nice guy despite of being with Mitchell. Mitchell's "protoge" also was a prick... KILL SCREEN coming! I hope you choke when I keep shouting KILL SCREEN COMING! I'm effing mad that I can't ever see a KILL SCREEN COMING! why can't I do it, effing KILL SCREEN COMING!

Lewigi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was a good movie, but the director/editor was clearly biased and maybe showed some things a little out of context.

However it would be hard not to be biased against a prick like billy mitchell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I did feel that it was biased, but you're right, how can you not be biased against that prick? I mean he goes off hinting videos aren't good enough proof then submits his video and suggest that's it proof enough just because it from him. A-hole...

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I agree it felt biased but that Billy guy was a complete dick. Also his video submission was EXTREMELY questionable. Static flicker over the score right at the second it matters the most... suuuure.
Well done to the other guy though he deserved the score he got against all the odds and idiots against him.
Theres a scene release of the DVD both full and xvid rip. Worth a watch if you like high score retro gaming.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Billy would've been an ok guy in my books if he sucked it up, admit defeat and fight for the reclamation of the title. I mean, he did say that he strives to be the best - too bad he's all words and hides behind his poor old wrinkled parents and overly huge fake breasted wife.

A

armand66

Yeah, i seen this about 6 months ago, and could not believe the extent people will go to to BS and lie for a score.

I've heard all the arguments with people saying the Doco is biased, but, having read up a lot on it since i seen it, i don't think it is biased at all.

Not once do you see Steve Weibe act like a prick or a loser or an a-hole, and for the most part he seems as genuine as a person comes. Billy Mitchell though, as well as his lackies who have an orgasm if Billy talks to them, just proved, all you gotta do is film some of these people and their atitudes and deceit will play the story out for you lol.

I thought the ref half wanted to believe in the whole "gaming god" persona Mitchell wants everyone to see, but he obviously questioned himself a hell of a lot till the end. Since the flick, the scores have gone back n forth, with one of Mitchells AGAIN being not proven, with a "private audience" but no recording, and yet Mitchell claimed the score yet again.

I think, if nothing else, Twin Galaxies, proved and continues to prove to be nothing more than a bunch of gaming geeks living in the 80's who will do and say anything to not have that taken away from them. Rules for themselves, and rules for everyone else.

And Mitchells "Protege", lmfao, gimme a break, needs a good smash across the face.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Sorry, not sorry. But the guy creates his own chaos and I don't believe most everything he has...