OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ai_140.jpg

QUOTE said:
Given the success that the Wii has generally had for the past four years, it shows a healthy level of demand for motion controls and games that work well for them. Indeed, it is now difficult to imagine games based upon tennis, golf or bowling done any other way but with motion control. These easy pick-up-and-play games could be made even more accessible without anything to hold at all, and if all one had to do was wave his or her arms and shuffle feet. Besides that, the idea of not having a controller at all will no doubt seem intriguing to some...

People love when something is shiny and new, particularly when it comes to technology. Apple has managed to capitalize on this quite well, releasing devices like the iPod, iPhone and iPad that scratch a certain consumer itch. The Wii managed to do this too – though motion controls of its sort weren't strictly new, never had a console been based around them so thoroughly and this greatly intrigued consumers.

Microsoft has never shied away from spending money on initiatives that it thinks has potential and Kinect is no different. It's been reported that Microsoft will spend roughly $500 million promoting Kinect this holiday season, or roughly the same amount they used to promote the original Xbox when it launched. They're hoping to give consumers numerous touch-points with the device and drive brand awareness way up.

Microsoft has stated that they're shooting to make the Kinect the biggest launch in the history of the Xbox platform. That's quite a claim, but there's reason to believe that they might make that mark. The motion sensing camera has already sold out at GAME stores in the U.K. and they claim that in the U.S. pre-orders are "selling out at retailers nationwide—a sign of strong consumer demand before launch on November 4."

Source: Industry Gamers

The future of Kinect:

A_ET.jpg

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
i've read on forums from people who tried it that it was very laggy and barely playable...
hope its not true, otherwise its going to be complete BS

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's a cool concept, not needing controllers and all, but for me, I need a controller/steering wheel to race. I find it kind of hard to just hold my hands up and rotate around an imaginary point.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wii will be the new wii. srsly, the wii is getting a surge of good games to reignite its spark.

this crap is just their trying to cash in on the motion phenomenon. anyone else ever buy like a japanese mp3 player? yeah try using that and an ipod and tell me which is better...

the wii of course would be the ipod and kinect being the bootleg mp3 player in this example.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
ZaeZae64 said:
Kinect won't do shit.
PS Move on the other hand may be a different story
PS Move is practically a direct copy of the Wii. I don't know about everyone else, but I support the original (Wii). I also support others who try new things (Kinect). I don't Support the copies (PS Move).

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
ZaeZae64 said:
Kinect won't do shit.
PS Move on the other hand may be a different story.
It had a pretty lackluster launch. So no.
Well, true.
Although wasn't the wiis launch pretty lackluster as well?
I mean all we had was Twilight Princess. Although thats still one more game then move.
Edit: Oh wait you don't mean by games. I'm dumb

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doesn't the camera need to scan every new player and do some voodoo every time you play? that's not more accessible than not having a controller. if they can really do jump in and play then they got something.

i doubt households with pre-teens+xbox will give up their FPS time to allow mom and dad act like idiots in front of their xbox.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
arpeejajo said:
ZaeZae64 said:
Kinect won't do shit.
PS Move on the other hand may be a different story
PS Move is practically a direct copy of the Wii. I don't know about everyone else, but I support the original (Wii). I also support others who try new things (Kinect). I don't Support the copies (PS Move).
Dreameye, EyeToy say hi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs