Kinda specific question about Pokemon and the NDS-GBA

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Wacotix, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Wacotix
    OP

Wacotix Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2011
    United States
    Alright, here's a specific toughie for ya: Say I play Pokemon Sapphire on the NDS-GBA. I find a shiny taillow (example). I really want to transfer it to my soulsilver then to white version. But its a rom. And say i have a GBA flash cart as well. Could I take the rom and save file and put it on the GBA flash cart? then trade to a retail pokemon gba game?
    I basically want to transfer pokemon from a rom to a flash cart to a retail gba pokemon game. Possible?

2. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy ~I have crippling depression~

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    So, correct me if I am wrong. What you want to do is:

-Sapphire rom to GBA flash cart
    -Migrate from GBA flash cart to soul silver/white (rom or retail?)

Absolutely doable. I haven't done it but I know many people have. The Sapphire rom has to be SRAM patched, I think. Also, the soul silver rom may or may not require a patch to read from the gba cart since it isn't a retail gba cart, but I could be wrong on that.

Keep in mind though that to transfer to white, you HAVE to be using a Generation IV retail game. You can only transfer to Black/White from a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/Heart Gold/Soul Silver RETAIL game, NOT a ROM. Furthermore, keep in mind that this requires a second DS. However, the Black/White game you are transferring to CAN indeed be a rom.

3. Wacotix
    OP

Wacotix Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2011
    United States
    Oh thanks soo much. And I meant to a retail SoulSilver in the first place, so thats no problem :D. Any recommendations on a gba flash cart?

4. Dark Blade

Dark Blade Flippin' Insane

Dec 11, 2009
    Inside a Pokeball.
    Seems like a lot of work for a single pokemon. :unsure:

It's POSSIBLE, but it'll be time consuming.

5. Wacotix
    OP

Wacotix Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2011
    United States
    VERY time consuming. But hell, worth it if you get a shiny or something, amirite?

6. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy ~I have crippling depression~

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Depending on the system, the EZ Flash 3in1 is one of the best ones out there. It has NOR memory for games >16mb (which is read as a retail cart), PSRAM for games

7. Wacotix
    OP

Wacotix Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2011
    United States

8. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Just backup a save file from a retail 4th gen game, then use DeSmuME to migrate the Pokémon.
    Then you can put the save file back in the retail Gen 4 game and transfer it to Gen 5.
    Takes les than 15 minutes to do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice