Hacking Kinda confused by contradictions

superkris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!

After going around the forum I came with some strange contradictions that I need help with:

1- What is the best program to burn games, Imgburn or Nero? Is one really better than the other?

2-What is the recommanded burning speed? I've read the slowest possible 1X or the fastest the dvd can, as fast as 8X. And any number of speed in between too?!?

3- (For Wiikey user): What is the speed setting to use? 3X or 6X?

Thanks in advance

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
burning tool is pretty much user's choice, i did experience some drives didnt like some software, IE my old dvd burner hated nero burnt coasters all day and roxio worked like a charm. i say go with something you use, imgburn is free and great if you dont have anything yet.

burn speed is somewhat grey, some people say burn at media's max speed for best write, and some say slow is best, personally i go with slowest or 2nd slowest speed. think its a old habbit from cdr but try burning something at 4x then 16x, oddly the 4x leaves a darker mark on the dvd for me and i call it "deeper burn" (or i'm crazy and just imaging things) oh i do burn stuff i give away to people i dislike at 8x or 16x heh

*Edit*
oh forgot to mention some also say theres a sweet spot (or speed) for some media, like burn this at 12x but another brand at 8x etc

and finally i guess to answer your question...
Imgburn
4x, 6x, or 8x
speed setting is up to you, at 3x i think there should be slowdowns in some game movies, but at 6x it will play fine
kinda for people who beleive running at 3x will make their dvd drive last 2x as long, but unconfirmed i'd say theres also a noise/vibration issue on 6x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."