Hacking Killzone Mercenary: disable touch ala PSTV on Vita?

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Newbie here, recently hacked my Vita, running Enso on 3.65.

I'm currently playing my physical copy of Killzone Mercenary (US copy, latest version 1.12), I understand that the game has been updated in 2015 to remove touch controls for PSTV (melee attacks are now done with two analogs).

But the option to turn off touch controls only seems available if the game is played on PSTV. Anyway to trick my Vita into thinking I'm playing on PSTV to turn off touch?

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(You were, if i'm not mistaken, only prompted with the "disgaea 3 1.01" update on the vita that disabled the touch controls for the pstv, if you checked for an update from the pstv)

The Update is available if you use "VitaGameUpdateChecker", and type "PCSE00022" the game id for Disgaea in the top box.
You can try to install just the update that included only the removal OF the "touch controls", or the option to "remove" the "touch controls".....................and NOT install any other update, then try to just install the "cumulative update"

1. "delete killzone on your vita" = install game and "1.12 update only, 8.24mb" see if that removes touch controls.
2. "delete killzone on your vita" = install game and "1.12 update (cumulative update) only, 536.86 mb, see if that removes touch controls.
also install disagea and the update that removes the touch controls, see if it actually does that also for the vita, vita users, were not given the option to download it seems, only pstv users for that update.

(if the touch controls are removed from killzone, using option 1 above (fixing the issue), that means, update "1.10 or 1.11" most likely included the fixes that 1.12 did or 1.12 is a merged patch that isn't indicated, meaning the "console version limit option for the touch controls", may of been introduce in a previous update before the touch controls patch 1.12, if i'm not mistaken..............some like this was done with gran turismo 5 on the ps3?, then a following update fixed the issued with one of the wheel brand controllers, third party)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hang on, run it by me again step by step, I don't get anything you just said LOL.

Currently I'm playing directly from a game cartridge. If I delete the game bubble, will it also delete my save file?

When you say install the game, what do you mean? Plug the game cartridge in and install the game bubble? Or download a NoNpDrm KZ Mercenary version 1.00?

So with this "VitaGameUpdateChecker", I can install specific update without installing previous updates? I have checked online since the last time I posted, the update to remove touch control is not 1.12, but is update 1.11. Update 1.12 is just a small stability update.

I also have an offline MP DLC I bought from the PS Store, can I re-download the DLC from the PS Store after I do everything above?

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Okay, I've downloaded VitaGameUpdateChecker and KZ Mercenary's 1.11 update (16.15MB). The update is a .pkg file, after I reinstall KZ Mercenary to version 1.00, how do I install it the 1.11 .pkg? Open it in Vitashell?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 193

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've downloaded VitaGameUpdateChecker and KZ Mercenary's 1.11 update (16.15MB). The update is a .pkg file, after I reinstall KZ Mercenary to version 1.00, how do I install it the 1.11 .pkg? Open it in Vitashell?
PKGj

Rich8606

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
All right, after putting it off for so long, I finally installed patch 1.11 only and it didn't work, the game couldn't even launch (error code). I think it is because the 1.11 update only works if you install 1.01 - 1.10 in succession first. Since that is too much of a hassle, I'm not gonna try it (My ISP is downloading so slow off PSN and 1.01 update alone is 1GB). So I'll stick with 1.12 for now, thanks for the help anyway.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, after putting it off for so long, I finally installed patch 1.11 only and it didn't work, the game couldn't even launch (error code). I think it is because the 1.11 update only works if you install 1.01 - 1.10 in succession first. Since that is too much of a hassle, I'm not gonna try it (My ISP is downloading so slow off PSN and 1.01 update alone is 1GB). So I'll stick with 1.12 for now, thanks for the help anyway.
1.12 is latest

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality