Killer7 heads to PC later this year

Killer7, a game by SUDA51 that launched in 2005 for the PlayStation 2 and GameCube will be getting an updated PC version this fall. Announced at Momocon, developer Grasshopper Manufacture revealed that they would be bringing their classic to a new market, and it'll be "optimized" for the PC. No other platforms were discussed during the panel or the reveal trailer. Originally published by Capcom, the new PC version will be published by NIS America instead.

From the minds of iconoclast writer/director SUDA51 (Goichi Suda) and legendary directors Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Shinji Mikami, killer7 returns for the first time in over 13 years! From the renowned studio Grasshopper Manufacture, Ltd. comes a cult classic adventure game that cemented the studio’s international fame and recognition.

Dive into a dark world of underground assassins in a tale of revenge as Harman Smith, a man who manifests 7 deadly personalities into the real world, known as the killer7. Take control of this distinct murderers’ row as they hunt down the sinister Kun Lan, to stop his plan of world dominance, and end his organization of deadly suicide bombers known as “Heaven Smile.”

• Multiple Personalities – Take control of Harman’s distinct 7 personalities, each with their own appearance, personality, weapon of choice and special ability.
  • A Sinister Foe – Face off against the “Heaven Smile” organization in a unique combination of first and third-person shooting mechanics.
  • Killer Moves – Utilize the full host of killer7’s special abilities to reveal secrets and solve puzzles.
  • Your Pick – Switch between personalities at will to best tackle every encounter.
  • A Dark Path Awaits – Follow a deeply engaging storyline brought to you by one of the highly acclaimed creators of all time, SUDA51.
  • A New Look – Optimized for PC, now experience the cult classic like it never has before!
  • A Killer Style – A timeless visual style that wowed audiences from its first reveal, perfectly ported to modern machines.

:arrow: Steam Page

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I remember renting this game from Blockbuster for NGC and then quickly taking it back for something else as it was super weird :wacko:

Attachments

• nintendo-switch-reveal-01-470x310@2x.jpg
    [email protected]
    21.9 KB · Views: 121,633

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well if that is the case then any game developer that made a wii or gc game can start releasing hd remasters with games running 60hz at 1080p or more and put dolphin code in there lol.
yeah, they should, considering you get fucked over by a legal hoop (the whole "emulation is legal it's just using ripped games you didn't buy isn't" thing), and realistically speaking 99.99% emulators are used with illegal games, might as well profit off their work and release their games under emulation, it's grey area versus grey area so you may as well turn it into a mutual relationship of abuse - if emulators had to substain on legal personal rips exclusively, there would be so low interest that the emulators themselves would not be worked on in the first place, and every single emulator developer knows this. so in a way, illegal roms make the current good emulators exist, i find it justified for the original devs/manufacturers to profit off them if you have the chance.

some publisher have also used illegally distributed copies of the games as they found the releasegroup info files in the package, i do not remember the game. and if the nintendo 64 mini rumors are true, they are likely going to start off looking at that one good N64 emulator/plugin and see how that one works out, it's some free R&D work already done, no reason to pass it up. Especially since their N64 zelda bonus disc for the gamecube had dreadful emulated performance and crashed/froze all the time.

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What s wrong with them?

People saying NIS America makes them pause? When we were reviewing their PS3 efforts I got a bunch and was generally impressed with what I saw, possibly to the point of comparing them to Atlus of 5-10 years earlier. Did they take a turn after that, or indeed continue to follow Atlus' path, or something?

Anyway this makes a whole lot more sense than porting Bullet Witch did.

NISA has always half assed almost everything they have touched, their localizations are riddled with spelling/grammar mistakes and they somehow manage to incorporate bugs not even found in the original game (lots of PS2 games localized by NiSA had game breaking bugs) into their ports.

from a personal perspective, i will never forgive what they did to Falcom/XSEED. XSEED worked their ass off garnering support for the Ys series in the west, and the second it had an inkling of popularity, NiSA swooped in, basically told Falcom "hey we'll give you even more money, localize it faster in multiple languages AND have a same day PC port!" and this caused Falcom to give the license to NiSA over XSEED. NiSA then proceeded to break every promise they gave to Falcom (6 month+ delayed PC port + dogshit localizations) and releases a subpar product.

i have nothing nice to say about such a shitty company, other than the fact that i hope they go under soon and stay the fuck away from video games. i have pirated (and will continue) to pirate any game with their mark on it.

/endrant

Reactions: DarthDub

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was super happy to hear this finally happening. But what's the deal with NISA?

Are they like Koei Tecmo or whichever publisher made that one japanese game port that wouldn't even launch without having a recognized controller plugged in? low fps cap? hard resolution cap? lack of relevant PC settings? I'm just trying to understand about how terrible I can expect the PC release of this to be, considering that Killer7 is one of my favorite Suda51 games, and one of the best Mature-rated GameCube games I've had the joy of playing.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Would like to see this ported to Android which I'd buy but then doubt I'd have time to play it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
as a free application it would generally be free to use with maybe a clause for third parties to not profit off it or redistribute it for money. but i doubt the dolphin collective of developers wants to take a videogame publisher to court, for obvious reasons

also, they may change one line of code and call it an inspiration, it's up to the other party to make a case for it and start the accusation, and it will never be challenged legally anyway

there is no software god that smites you down from above as soon as you copy enough code, there has to be a will from an accuser to accuse someone and get someone to be in favor of your case, with tons of money involved
That is not at all how a license works. Open source code is still bound by some form of license, usually GPL, which restricts the use of free code in commercial applications. It's not a matter of "one line of code" being changed, derivative code is still derivative. Everything depends on what license is used by Dolphin devs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.