Kidspaint v2.0.1

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Kidspaint v2.0.1
Wii Homebrew Update
Kidspainticon.png
PaintSplashLogo.png

Kidspaint, the Wii painting program made by Uffe Flarup and Nicklas Schmidt, has recently been updated to version 2.0.1. This homebrew has been picked up as an official Wiiware title, under the name Paint Splash, that should be available in the near future. More information can be found at the project page linked below.

QUOTE(Change Log 05/02/11) said:
  • Minor fixes
  • Updated to use GRRLIB 4.3.1

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Nintendo has been all against this homebrew and hacking and stuff that enable people to make stuff like this, and now they're actually going to sell it in the Wii Shop?

...interesting...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
aguyyyy said:
So Nintendo has been all against this homebrew and hacking and stuff that enable people to make stuff like this, and now they're actually going to sell it in the Wii Shop?

...interesting...
This is certainly not the first incident of a big-name company hiring homebrew developers. The coder for the DS Genesis emulator was hired by Sega to make Sonic Classic Collection.

Squirps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why don't they at least give people like the person who developed this a chance to make an app without NIntendo being in their faces trying to STOP them by blocking HBC and "unauthorized software?" O-o

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
aguyyyy said:
So why don't they at least give people like the person who developed this a chance to make an app without NIntendo being in their faces trying to STOP them by blocking HBC and "unauthorized software?" O-o
If the world were a nice place and retards didn't feel the urge to PIRATE shit, then they probably wouldn't NEED to try doing that sort of stuff. Also, they were probably seeked out by Nintendo (ok so maybe not, but I'd like to think that) because their homebrew had potential, it's not like Nintendo just upright says "NO, because you is a hacking scum".

Squirps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
aguyyyy said:
If the world were a nice place and retards didn't feel the urge to PIRATE shit, then they probably wouldn't NEED to try doing that sort of stuff. Also, they were probably seeked out by Nintendo (ok so maybe not, but I'd like to think that) because their homebrew had potential, it's not like Nintendo just upright says "NO, because you is a hacking scum".

Such a nice world we live in.
mellow.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The most awesome part of this news is the fact, that a fellow homebrew developer made it to an official dev. Do you guys know any other WiiWare that has started as homebrew apps?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
jurassicplayer said:
WiiBricker said:
The most awesome part of this news is the fact, that a fellow homebrew developer made it to an official dev. Do you guys know any other WiiWare that has started as homebrew apps?
Did you read that Jelly Car post? ...and I'd say Cave Story is pretty dam home brewed.
Yes, I read that Jelly Car post. Any other games/apps apart from the mentioned ones?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.