Kids, electronics and water are not friends.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
And I, althought knew it, had to learn this the hard way. I made a 'water-proof' DS case, but instead of testing it with a sponge or something first, I just used a DS. It worked OK for a while, then suddenly a hole appeared in my DIY case and the DS turned off. I left it to dry and now the L button doesn't work at all, sometimes there's minor noise on the speakers and sometimes the screens start blinking randomly.

People, NEVER EVER be as stupid as I was. It's just another $150 down the drain, unless I can convince Nintendo (or for that matter my local store) it ceased working .. on it's own. But that'd be a fraud and I don't want that.
unsure.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That sucks. You really should've checked it first.

Don't feel bad about trying to return it. Go for it, if you think it's possible. Just make an innocent face. "Water? What water? I would never."

MaHe

one lazy schmo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Well, I wouldn't HAVE to make it a fraud. I'm lucky the manager of the store just doesn't care. I once bricked my DS Lite (while flashing it), the only explanation I gave was 'my DS doesn't work' and before I could start to explain further, I was holding a new one in my hands ...

P.S.: I can't open it up, don't have a tri-wing screwdriver :'(

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Try and replace it first. If that fails, try fiddling with it. Take it apart and douse it in WD 40.

WD 40 FTW.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
leave it in the airing cupboard for 3 days like some one said. I once left my psp in my bag and oasis spilt on to it so i just put in a sink full of warm soapy water, completly drowned it and then left it to dry...3 days later...it worked
smile.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
And I, althought knew it, had to learn this the hard way. I made a 'water-proof' DS case, but instead of testing it with a sponge or something first, I just used a DS. It worked OK for a while, then suddenly a hole appeared in my DIY case and the DS turned off. I left it to dry and now the L button doesn't work at all, sometimes there's minor noise on the speakers and sometimes the screens start blinking randomly.

People, NEVER EVER be as stupid as I was. It's just another $150 down the drain, unless I can convince Nintendo (or for that matter my local store) it ceased working .. on it's own. But that'd be a fraud and I don't want that.
unsure.gif

Thats not the hard way, believe me, if not, ask this guy.
lecture.gif

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat