And I, althought knew it, had to learn this the hard way. I made a 'water-proof' DS case, but instead of testing it with a sponge or something first, I just used a DS. It worked OK for a while, then suddenly a hole appeared in my DIY case and the DS turned off. I left it to dry and now the L button doesn't work at all, sometimes there's minor noise on the speakers and sometimes the screens start blinking randomly. People, NEVER EVER be as stupid as I was. It's just another $150 down the drain, unless I can convince Nintendo (or for that matter my local store) it ceased working .. on it's own. But that'd be a fraud and I don't want that.