tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Kids Don't Want Toys For Christmas, They Want iPhones, iPads &

... Kinect

Video games like LEGO Harry Potter and fancy new controllers — Kinect and PlayStation Move are among the most wished-for items this holiday, according to a new survey. But it's Apple's iOS-based devices that kids are demanding most.

According to battery maker Duracell's survey, the Duracell Toy Report, the most wanted "toy" that kids aged five to 16 are hoping for is the iPhone 4. That's closely followed by the iPod touch and iPad. The lust for those Apple gadgets tends to skew older—7% of five to eight-year-olds are hoping for iDevices this holiday, compared to 66% of 13 to 16-year-olds surveyed.

Kinect for the Xbox 360 secured fourth place with PlayStation Move slightly less hot at eighth place, according to Duracell. Fortunately for the battery maker, its myGrid charging pad just happens to support iPhones and iPod touches.

Here's the breakdown of Duracell's survey, which polled more than 2,000 children and parents.

1. iPhone 4 (14%)
2. iPod touch (13%)
3. iPad (12%)
4. Kinect for Xbox (6%)
5. Zhu Zhu Pet Hamsters / Kung Zhu Hamsters (5%)
6. Flip Video Camera (4%)
7. Toy Story 3 Jet Pack Buzz Lightyear (4%)
8. PlayStation Move (4%)
9. LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 Video Game (3%)
10. Barbie Video Girl (3%)[/p]

Source (Kotaku)
Contributed by ron975

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kids don't like Nintendo anymore huh?
sad.gif

That pick is fake btw. The iPad is not that big obviously. In fact, I think the pic is photoshopped from the N64 kid video.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not concerned about xmas this year, since I'll end up spending more money than I make back. I wouldn't say no to a gorgeous girl in one of those red and white outfits though.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
1. iPhone 4 (14%)
2. iPod touch (13%)
3. iPad (12%)
4. Kinect for Xbox (6%)
5. Zhu Zhu Pet Hamsters / Kung Zhu Hamsters (5%)
6. Flip Video Camera (4%)
7. Toy Story 3 Jet Pack Buzz Lightyear (4%)
8. PlayStation Move (4%)
9. LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 Video Game (3%)
10. Barbie Video Girl (3%)

I'm pretty sure these are all toys. Video games and what not qualify as toys too. A toy is just basically something you play with for enjoyment.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, Nintendo's still the best IMO. More Family Friendly. Lol, iPhone 4 for a toy? I don't really think that's a toy, and really, the iPhone 4 is merely an iPod Touch with a phone plan, get an Android or something. Also, this is merely a sample survey, It's not everyone's opinion, only a select few, so you'll never know. Maybe Nintendo really is the top, I know alot of people who are DYING for a Wii
smileipb2.png

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Why would a 5-8 year old want an iPhone?

They won't know how to use the store well, will need their parents to confirm purchases, will probably lose it, crack the screen, and have no one to call!

iDevices (not being a fanboy here) are not really for children to own. They are more for them to use their parents'.

Hell, I'm sure as hell not getting my kid a recent tech-toy (like, if I had an 8 yr old right now, they'd get a GBA) until they're, maybe, 12. Despite what they think, they will lose it, break it, and make a mess of it.

Have you ever seen a kid's DS? Mushy Dorito crumbs in the D-Pad / Button cracks? It's disgusting.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Why would a 5-8 year old want an iPhone?

They won't know how to use the store well, will need their parents to confirm purchases, will probably lose it, crack the screen, and have no one to call!

iDevices (not being a fanboy here) are not really for children to own. They are more for them to use their parents'.

Hell, I'm sure as hell not getting my kid a recent tech-toy (like, if I had an 8 yr old right now, they'd get a GBA) until they're, maybe, 12. Despite what they think, they will lose it, break it, and make a mess of it.

Have you ever seen a kid's DS? Mushy Dorito crumbs in the D-Pad / Button cracks? It's disgusting.

that doesn't change the fact that they don't want them. my kid asked me for an iphone last xmas, of course i said no fucking way.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heh, it must suck to be a non-electronic toymaker nowadays.
I remember my presents were all LEGO sets, action figures (that weren't based on video game characters), and sports equipment. It'd be interesting to see how this generation of kids turn out in adulthood.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2