Hacking Kid updated 3DS to 4.5.0-10E

mattcrow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,
just like in the title, my kid updated his 3ds to 4.5.0-10E, and we're using Acekard on it.
Now, I know acekard doesn't work on on this software, but by any chance is there a possibility to downgrade it?
Thanks in advance,
Matt.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why you don't let kids use things that can be easily "screwed up"

Anyway, your acekard is done, only thing you can really do at this point is get a DSTWO (it's a better card anyway) and have the shop you buy it from update it for you (since that is easier and less risky than using the updateb method)

mattcrow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah I do use parental control... but there was a message popping up in the main menu saying there is an update available and he must have pressed it...

well... thanks for quick reply guys. Guess I'm going to buy dstwo so. Anyone knows reliable online shops that send worldwide?

mattcrow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS will want to update to go online and stuff like that. Turn off the wifi and all automatic downloads and such with parental controls if possible.

But yeah, no downgrade or anything, your AK2i will never work on that 3DS again.

That's what i thought. and thats's why I had the internet connections restricted in parental control.
But the message said there's no need to connect to internet to update... how is that possible?

mattcrow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, since I'm going to buy a new card, which one of the ones that support 4.5 is better to choose? Anyone know good reliable online shops that send worldwide?

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what i thought. and thats's why I had the internet connections restricted in parental control.
But the message said there's no need to connect to internet to update... how is that possible?
It autodownloads if wifi is on and the 3DS is in sleep mode for a while, you just have to confirm and install it.
You should only have wifi on when you need it in order to not get the update message all the time.

Reactions: mattcrow

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you enabled the security stuff recently it might have downloaded the update right before that, or it might have wanted to update for a new 3DS game (some carts will demand that their on-board update is run before they can be played).

There's also some possibility of getting the updates through streetpass, but I'm not very familiar with how well that actually works or if they turned it on to begin with (which is why I tell people to disable ALL downloads in all the sections of the 3DS's settings).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
By the way, since I'm going to buy a new card, which one of the ones that support 4.5 is better to choose? Anyone know good reliable online shops that send worldwide?
http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get
Pretty much the DSTwo is what most people will say to get, since it hasn't needed a new revision, and it can sometimes update itself even if the 3DS was updated first (it has an emergency update procedure).

As for shops in Europe, Idunno'.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Internet connection restriction might not apply to official software updates. Maybe applies to the web browser or wifi connection settings, but if it's software updates, it would make sense that those would be considered official and thereby safe even to parental controls. Checking the parental controls on my 3DS, only things related to the internet is the Internet Browser, Nintendo 3DS Shopping Services, Sharing Images/Audio/Video/Long Text Data, Online Interaction,, Friend Registration, and Child Online Privacy Protection. As of right now, I'm uncertain if any of those even apply to the System Update.

The only other thought would be that you recently bought a new 3DS game, and that came with the update software on it.

mattcrow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I didn't buy any 3DS games recently, I remember that I connected to my home wi-fi recently to check something online, but I didn't accept any downloads, so the only guess is that it downloaded automatically in the background.
well, we learn on our own mistakes (or mistakes of people like me :P) so I will know for the future ;)
just gotta figure out where to get DSTwo from now.
Thanks for all the replies guys.
Happy New Year to everyone.
Matt

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The eshop/store wants you to be on the latest software before you can use it, that seems to be one of the most common ways systems get updated. People either want to get a game from there, or kids curious about what the option does.

EDIT: Blargh, I'm so slow in my replies lately.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Actually I didn't buy any 3DS games recently, I remember that I connected to my home wi-fi recently to check something online, but I didn't accept any downloads, so the only guess is that it downloaded automatically in the background.
well, we learn on our own mistakes (or mistakes of people like me :P) so I will know for the future ;)
just gotta figure out where to get DSTwo from now.
Thanks for all the replies guys.
Happy New Year to everyone.
Matt

I have used http://www.cheapr4i.com/supercard-dstwo-for-3dsdsi-dsi-xl-and-dsl-ds-p-200.html on a couple of occasions without any problems, this was a few months ago tho.

If you do decide to use them use this code for a further 10% discount: ilove3ds

Ds4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use a R4i sdhc card and my 3ds got uptdated to 4.5 too, should I wait for them to release an update or should I buy a DSTWO ? (it's been a mounth already)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all