OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

If the Circle Pad Pro didn't curb your need for 3DS plastic add-ons; maybe this will! Project Sora lead and developer of Kid Icarus: Uprising announced on Twitter that the collapsible stand would be bundled exclusively with Kid Icarus: Uprising when the game hits store shelves in Japan this March.

The 3DS cradling contraption shown above will take the weight of the 3DS out of your hands to make playing stylus and slide pad controlled games easier to play. The stand doesn't seem to have any extra features such as charging, however it does look like its not designed in a way that would prevent other consoles from being used on it, such as the original DS if you wanted to.

There has currently been no word on whether the add-on will also reach European or American shores, but stay tuned for more info.

icon24.gif
Closer look (JPG)
discuss.png
Discuss

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Doesn't this work counter-productive? The 3DS has motion controls, a stand will only limit the directions you can turn your 3ds. Added to the fact that this is a HANDheld, I find a stand for it not fitting at all. This comes to mind thinking of stands for "handhelds":

200px-Virtual-Boy-Set.png

^And we all know how that one ended up

Note: I'm not saying the 3ds will fail because of this, I just don't see the point of this peripheral.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Doesn't this work counter-productive? The 3DS has motion controls, a stand will only limit the directions you can turn your 3ds. Added to the fact that this is a HANDheld, I find a stand for it not fitting at all. This comes to mind thinking of stands for "handhelds":

200px-Virtual-Boy-Set.png

Note: I'm not saying the 3ds will fail because of this, I just don't see the point of this peripheral.
This game is so far the only game which uses the peripheral because it requires precisive aiming.

This game uses motion controls? Well, that's dumb. It doesn't? Oh okay.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So the inevitable 3DS revision will include

-A 2nd CC
-four shoulder buttons
-better battery
-better 3D screen
-wheel
-and a stand!

:P
Don't include any of that and people will go F**K YOU NINTENDO.

But seriously, apart from this game, I doubt any other game uses the stand.

edit: 3,000 posts :P

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

*snip*

This game is so far the only game which uses the peripheral because it requires precisive aiming.

This game uses motion controls? Well, that's dumb. It doesn't? Oh okay.

I was talking in general. The stand isn't required to play this game, and you can easily use it for other games. If you look at it from that perspective, the peripheral makes no sense. I also think that this stand will be sold retail, as that is the case with generic peripherals like these. It can be used with any game, so you can count on it that there will be people buying it. Also, I do not know if Kid Icarus has motion controls, like I said before, my arguments were made from a more general standpoint where you use it only a daily basis with all your games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too ♫ :rofl2: