Hacking Kid icarus firmware update stop either supercard dstwo or acekard2i?

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't updated 3ds in quite some time, and am just wondering if either of these will work after updating.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There may be an update on Kid Icarus, but it's not beyond 3.0.0-6. If a user is below that system software, it wouldn't surprise me that it would force them to update to play... If the OP hasn't "updated his 3DS in sometime" then it may well be asking him to update.

I have an EZ5i and a SCDS2. My 3DS is on the latest firmware version. Both work on my 3DS. As long as you update your flashcarts to their latest firmware versions before you update your 3DS than you'll be OK.

D

Deleted User

As long as your DStwo is up to date, It should be fine, KI:uprising didnt even have an update for me, so I assume it just used the latest one from 2 months ago.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope no update, but the game is diarrhea anyhow ,nintendo F dup again surprise surprise, what a let down
No way dude it's the shit
did you even finish or play the original game?

just got past medusa and so far i HATE it, its nothing like the 1st game , the control sucks ,i have F ing carple tunnel from it, there is so much useless BS like the idol egg toss thing and the map thing i have no idea what it is WTF is the point? the item box that looks like tetris, is retarded, is this tetris of kid icarus? or maybe its metroid since it has metroids and space pirates in it, too many weapons too many random numbers for them, and i could give $#!t about combining them,and sometimes you get a weaker weapon when you combine them ,and then your stuck, its just such stupid random BS, its retarded, the fiends cauldron is the stupidest thing i ever seen in my F ing life, the eggplant wizards curse just goes away in a few seconds on its own,no finding a hospital , no shops, you just buy $H!t between levels or when you die, the underworld "labyrinths" are so totally linear ,the arrows just point where to go ,there is NO exploration, ,there is no torch and pencil, that were like compass and map in in zelda in the 1st game, they didnt keep any of the elements that made the 1st game fun and so good in it, it is the biggest disappointment of my life ,its total dog $#!t, ninty owes me 40 bucks as far as im concerned they ought to give it up , or start listening to fans who know what their talking about instead of contracting all their huge title franchises out to retards who have no clue what they are doing ,and who take out all the elements that made a game good an then just throw in a bunch of stupid random BS to complicate something for the sake of making it more complicated and adding new $#!t that nobody wants or cares about ,a game people waited 20 years for and its a $#!t mess ,nice job ninty

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
@totalnoob617 you got some balls... I hope you don't get massively flamed for disliking it. :-p

Anyway, overall I seriously like the game... I agree about the cramps from the stylus controls, but I think that goes with any ds game that has stylus aiming. At any rate, I find it much more comfy than games like Metroid Prime: Hunters (partially since you don't have to rapidly press the L button to fire). And even though I wish the 3DS had dual analogs, I think the stylus is more accurate when you get used to it. I actually ordered a thumb stylus (not the Nintendo DS 1st party thumbstrap, mind you) that should be here tomorrow, so hopefully that'll reduce/eliminate cramping without sacrificing accuracy or simplicity). Perhaps you should try that for the cramping... only a couple dollars on ebay.

As for the comparison to the original game or criticizing the linearity, I respectfully disagree. I don't think it's really fair to be mad that it's not like the original because, well, cmon, today's games are a totally different animal: imagine criticizing OoT or Metroid Prime or Super Mario 64 because they're nothing like the originals... they were never meant to be, they're meant to translate the original game into modern gameplay.

As for the linearity, it's an action shooter/platformer... I pretty much expected linearity. That said, I think there's tons of replay value with the weapons, powers, trophies, and especially multiplayer. Why else do you think every FPS gets away with campaigns 10 hours or shorter?

Anyway, that's just my piece.

EDIT (to the first line): "I take it back: He's a jerk."

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope no update, but the game is diarrhea anyhow ,nintendo F dup again surprise surprise, what a let down

just got past medusa and so far i HATE it, its nothing like the 1st game , the control sucks ,i have F ing carple tunnel from it, there is so much useless BS like the idol egg toss thing and the map thing i have no idea what it is WTF is the point? the item box that looks like tetris, is retarded, is this tetris of kid icarus? or maybe its metroid since it has metroids and space pirates in it, too many weapons too many random numbers for them, and i could give $#!t about combining them,and sometimes you get a weaker weapon when you combine them ,and then your stuck, its just such stupid random BS, its retarded, the fiends cauldron is the stupidest thing i ever seen in my F ing life, the eggplant wizards curse just goes away in a few seconds on its own,no finding a hospital , no shops, you just buy $H!t between levels or when you die, the underworld "labyrinths" are so totally linear ,the arrows just point where to go ,there is NO exploration, ,there is no torch and pencil, that were like compass and map in in zelda in the 1st game, they didnt keep any of the elements that made the 1st game fun and so good in it, it is the biggest disappointment of my life ,its total dog $#!t, ninty owes me 40 bucks as far as im concerned they ought to give it up , or start listening to fans who know what their talking about instead of contracting all their huge title franchises out to retards who have no clue what they are doing ,and who take out all the elements that made a game good an then just throw in a bunch of stupid random BS to complicate something for the sake of making it more complicated and adding new $#!t that nobody wants or cares about ,a game people waited 20 years for and its a $#!t mess ,nice job ninty
YEAH! I mean why would anyone like CONTENT. I PLAY GAMES BECAUSE REAL LIFE ALREADY HAS TOO MUCH CONTENT! And I mean they actually MADE getting hit once by one enemy NOT anchor down the hole fucking game! I MEAN WHERES THE CHALLENGE!?!? And why would they add all those GAY flying segments! I mean ANGELS, FLYING?!?! FUCKING MADNESS! And how dare they not make me have to claw my fucking way though swarms of foes and enemies just to get to a fucking shop, and just let me pick my weapons before entering a chapter! AND EASY NAVIGATION SO THAT I DONT SPEND A FUCKING HOUR ON A LEVEL TRYING TO FIND THE ENEMIES?! WHO WANTS THAT!?! And how dare they try to update a 25 year old game and make it something other then a shallow platformer I play for the nostalgia and nothing more! And who cares about all those casual gamers who dont know shit about gaming who were at the E3 clapping a cheering then they saw the the trailer, or those stupid idiots online who were so hyped! I mean I even hear one of those casual fags came on here and made a HYPE TOPIC! Psssh whats up with them!? I mean Nintendo TOTALLY fucked up with this one. TOTALLY. [/sarcastic rant]

Listen man, if you just looked on the fucking cover before you bought the game, or even READ THE FUCKING TITLE, you would know it was going to be nothing like the old game, dont come here and complain if you want the same 25 year old shit. Oh and off topic.

Reactions: 5 people

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well DUH it's different from the first one. It's a rail shooter now.
You're just an irate fanboy that just basically wants Kid Icarus Anniversary 3D. All your arguments seem to be how it isn't as "Epic" as the first one.
That is all just a matter of opinion? "Biggest Disappointment of your life?" Kid, there are waaay worse dissapointments
NINTENDO owes you 40 bucks? that just cracks me up. Don't like it, RETURN THE FUCKING GAME. Solved
And NAH DUH there ain't no shops, you're supposed to find and fuse all your stuff. This isn't a RPG.
AND DUH THERE'S NO EXPLORATION. IT'S A FUCKING RAIL SHOOTER. What rail shooter would have exploration?
"Listen to fans"? I just don't even know what to day anymore...
"Torch and COMPASS"? You don't even NEED those things in a linear rail shooter. The game basically point you toward the right way, letting you focus on the action.
"No one cares about" Huh, so obviously those sales mean that people don't give two shits about the game eh?
You're just a irate nostalgia-fag, that can't stand the fact that Nintendo actually upped their game and made something cool.
Next time, WATCH THE FUCKING TRAILERS, SEE SCREENSHOTS, BEFORE YOU BUY.
Just don't say, "OOh look, Kid Icarus, the same shit from last time eh?"

Reactions: 1 person

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, guys everyones entitled to an opinion, who cares if totalnoob's was the wrong one, i havent had chance to play the game yet, but I remember kid Icarus from the good ol days, i can tell from the trailer its not the same ol shit, its a brand new game and im taking it as that.
And seriously totalnoob if you're going to flame a game please make what you write literate, I had to re-read a few of your sentences because it flat out made no sense

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, guys everyones entitled to an opinion, who cares if totalnoob's was the wrong one, i havent had chance to play the game yet, but I remember kid Icarus from the good ol days, i can tell from the trailer its not the same ol shit, its a brand new game and im taking it as that.
And seriously totalnoob if you're going to flame a game please make what you write literate, I had to re-read a few of your sentences because it flat out made no sense
Well, the way he is justifying his opinions are just plain stupid. He is just mad that it isn't Kid Icarus Anniversary Edition

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
come on guys, let's be nice... sure, maybe totalnoob617 is being a bit harsh and/or flaming the game, but at least he's not flaming people the way some of you guys are being to him. :-) let's fight friendly here!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1