Lurker in space
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
kid-icarus-uprising-ar-cards.jpg
Panini.jpg

The Nintendo Direct that was recently streamed in Europe announced a partnership between Nintendo and Panini.

Panini Group is famous for their books, comics and magazines but also for producing and distributing collectible stickers, trading cards and such.

It was stated that booster packs of AR cards for popular 3DS game Kid Icarus: Uprising will be on sale in Europe, along with a sorting album, as usual with Panini goods.

With more than 400 AR cards to collect, this is good news for the collectible fans out there in Europe.

Post your reactions to these exiting news!

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is really awesome, I've always loved Panini for their collections, this partnership with Nintendo will be epic, it pretty much means I'll be able to buy KI cards nearly everywhere. x3

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't see why anyone would really want to collect cards that aren't terribly collectible. Maybe I'm a card snob but I wouldn't see the point on spending money for a bunch of cheap AR cards with generic pictures on them.

Even then I thought the cards just showed 3D models or something. Which isn't very cool.

But that's just me. The only cards I collect are Magic ones.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't see why anyone would really want to collect cards that aren't terribly collectible. Maybe I'm a card snob but I wouldn't see the point on spending money for a bunch of cheap AR cards with generic pictures on them.

Even then I thought the cards just showed 3D models or something. Which isn't very cool.

Really, it'll depend how affordable the cards are.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

The estimated price for each pack of six cards would be around 1€ or maybe 2€ at most, once a card is scanned by the 3DS, it adds some sort of info about that weapon, character, etc, kinda like a KI encyclopaedia, the cards are pretty well made and for people interested in collecting them all it's a pretty interesting thing.
It's not something for everyone obviously, it's more for those really into collectibles and filling their KI data without recurring to the internet.

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
Seeing as I can buy them via Club Nintendo, I don't really see much point in this. Nice to see that some people would be able to find the AR cards easier.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Seeing as I can buy them via Club Nintendo, I don't really see much point in this. Nice to see that some people would be able to find the AR cards easier.
250stars for 2 packs of cards, whereas if you buy them it's only 1€ or 2€ (around 1£), it's much cheaper and much more worth it, you can then save your 250stars that you get from one game (that surely costs much more than that) to get something better, like that Link statue. >.

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
250stars for 2 packs of cards, whereas if you buy them it's only 1€ or 2€ (around 1£), it's much cheaper and much more worth it, you can then save your 250stars that you get from one game (that surely costs much more than that) to get something better, like that Link statue. >.<
I don't really see the aount of stars you get from registering a game being the same as how much a game is worth. Otherwise, that'd mean that a pack ofcards would cost almost £20 if you get it from Club Nintendo. I suppose you're right when saying that it would be cheaper to buy them, though.
I was kinda expecting something like the Spectrobes cards with this, where you could get them for free from game shops. Wishful thinking...

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't really see the aount of stars you get from registering a game being the same as how much a game is worth. Otherwise, that'd mean that a pack ofcards would cost almost £20 if you get it from Club Nintendo. I suppose you're right when saying that it would be cheaper to buy them, though.
I was kinda expecting something like the Spectrobes cards with this, where you could get them for free from game shops. Wishful thinking...
I didn't mean that the value would be that much, just that 250 stars for a pack of 12 cards isn't that worth it.
When for a few more stars you can get more interesting stuff.
Never seen spectrobes cards here, so I wouldn't know.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

well think about this, there are 400 individual cards to collect at 1 euro to 2 euros each, times that by 400 and you spent 400 euros just to get every one and usually with these packs you will get duplicates so you have to buy more of them to get the cards you want which will cost you even more money, i personally don't see the point in collecting them when you can just print them out for free and they would still work the same way...

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

well think about this, there are 400 individual cards to collect at 1 euro to 2 euros each, times that by 400 and you spent 400 euros just to get every one and usually with these packs you will get duplicates so you have to buy more of them to get the cards you want which will cost you even more money, i personally don't see the point in collecting them when you can just print them out for free and they would still work the same way...
The same could go for collecting stickers, why not just print them and glue them instead?
Some people like to collect things, and will purchase it, I'm one of those people that just love collectibles. =3

SSVAV

Lurker in space
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1€ for one card is overpriced.

Now around 1€ to 3€ by pack would be in accordance to normal Panini prices.

Also take into account that these will mostly be purchased by children, and that trading stickers and other collectible items is usual in schools.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1€ for one card is overpriced.

Now around 1€ to 3€ by pack would be in accordance to normal Panini prices.

Also take into account that these will mostly be purchased by children, and that trading stickers and other collectible items is usual in schools.
I meant 1€ for pack of six, not card. o.O"

SSVAV

Lurker in space
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I was referring to jalaneme.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I was referring to jalaneme.

Oh, ok, thought you meant my posts.
And yeah, you'll spend a pretty penny to get them all, but not that much for a single card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: and i was too aggressive xD